Chapter XXXVIII

Los Angeles, California.

It was definitely beautiful and worth the hype. It was December and the sun still shined brightly. The Palm trees placed perfectly in a row as we drove down the rode. It was gorgeous and photograph worthy.

"Are you excited?" Jack's voice took me out of my trance.

I looked over at him, "For what?"

"To meet the guys!" He exclaimed happily.

I chortled and nodded, "Yeah, sure."

Jack furrowed his eyebrows, "What? What is it?"

I shook my head, "Nothing,"

I turned my attention back to look out the window when Jack put his hand on my thigh, causing me to look down at his hand then back up at him, raising my eyebrow.

"Can I help you?" I asked.

The smirk on his face was evident, "Why don't you sound excited?"

I shrugged, "I mean they're just people. And when have you ever seen me excited to meet people?"

"Very true"

I smiled and nodded, "Yep," I sighed and moved closer to him, "but if you're excited then I'm excited."

Jack smiled and wrapped his arm around my shoulder and kissed me. I placed my hand on his chest, crossing my legs as I leaned into him.

His lips were like drugs and boy, I was addicted.

____

"I don't like the way he's looking at you. I'm starting to think you want him too. Am I crazy? Have I lost ya? Even though I know you love me, I can't help it."

As Jack knocked on the door multiple times, his other hand was wrapped around my waist tightly. I looked up at him and examined his features.

The beautiful smile on his face warmed my heart and for the first time, I seen him wear a beanie and God did it look amazing on him. He wore a black cardigan and a black undershirt, he looked amazing.

It amazed me that even though we weren't dating, he was still mine. Not only did it amaze me, but it made me genuinely happy.

This boy was mine, all mine. How the hell did I get so lucky?

The door swinging open immediately took me out my examination of Jack as his arm left from around my waist to hug and greet his friends.

"It's been too long, bro!" He exclaimed, a huge smile on his face.

Tons of excited shouts were passed along and the huge smiles on everyone's face eventually wiped off on me. I loved seeing Jack so happy, it was contagious.

"I'm guessing you're Skylar." One of the boys smiled at me as I walked through the door.

I nodded, "Indeed I am," I held out my hand, "nice to meet you...." I dragged out, not sure of his name.

Jack had showed me a picture of all of them and told me their names but I didn't have the best memory when it came to name people I barely knew.

"Matt," he shook my hand, "my name's Matt."

I nodded, "Well it's nice to meet you Matt."

"And I'm Cameron," another guy smiled at me, shaking my hand firmly.

"I'm Carter,"

"And lastly, I'm Nash,"

I smiled and nodded, shaking all of their hands, "It's nice to finally meet you guys."