Chapter XI

"Make a promise please, you'll always be in reach just in case I need you there when I call. This is all so new, seems too good to be true. Could this really be a safe place to fall?"

"You're so oblivious of your actions right now it's actually fascinating." Jack spoke up, taking me out of my trance.

I furrowed my eyebrows and turned my head to look at him, "What are you talking about?" I asked.

"You've been avoiding the t.v screen since I put on the movie and when you would look at it, you'd roll your eyes at-least five times before staring off into space." He explained.

I smiled softly, slightly abashed before I shrugged, "It's not my fault you picked the most predictable movie there is and expect me to wanna watch it. I mean for goodness sake, a love story? Really?" I arched my eyebrow at him.

He held up his hands in defense, "Well every other girl I've brought here loved this movie so I -"

I cut him off, "You expected me to love it too, yeah yeah." I shook my head, "Jack we've been through this, I'm not like all these other girls. I despise cliche things."

Jack nodded and reached for the remote on the coffee table in front of us, turning off the movie, "So what do you wanna do?" He asked, turning his full attention on me.

I sighed, blowing a raspberry before smirking, "Wanna know what I really wanna do?" I asked.

Jack nodded slowly, looking at me a little suspicious.

I giggled a little at his expression, "I wanna get high." I said.

Jack's eyes widen a little, clearly shocked, "Really?"

"Yeah, it's been so long." I whined lightly, bouncing my leg up and down anxiously.

Jack licked his lips before digging in his front pocket for his phone, typing something on his phone quickly.

"Well?" I asked, raising my eyebrows.

He held up his finger, telling me to wait as I rolled my eyes and sighed.

A few minutes later Jack smiled and stood up, "Come on." He grabbed my hands, pulling me up with him.

"Where are we going?" I asked completely confused.

"We're gonna go get high."

______

"Jack where the hell are we?" I asked as we pulled up to a house not to far from his.

"We're at Sam's house." He answered, turning off his car and pulling the key out of the ignition.

"I don't know this guy that well, Jack. I don't like smoking with random ass people." I complained.

Jack rolled his eyes, "Well if you wanna get high then you'll get your ass out of the car and follow me." He said before stepping out of the car.

I groaned loudly and opened the door, hopping out and jogging around to the sidewalk. "I knew you'd get out." Jack murmured, smirking to himself.

"Shut up." I muttered, following behind him as we walked up to the door. Jack rang the doorbell as I absentmindedly tapped my foot.

A couple seconds later, the door opened and there stood Sam.

They gave each other a handshake before Sam turned to me, "Hey, Skylar right?" He pointed at me, squinting his eyes as he tried to remember me.

I nodded, "Yup, that's me." I sighed, faking a smile.