Chapter IX

"Could there be a possibility? I'm trying to say what's up. 'Cause I'm made for you, and you for me baby now its time for us. Tryna keep it all together but enough is enough. They say we're too young for love, but I'm catching feelings."

"So he was drunk?" Alexis asked, her eyes raised slightly as she sat in front of me, listening closely.

I nodded, "He was completely wasted. He kept telling me all the things he liked about me, it was so weird. Then he threw up on me, which is why I walked in with a different shirt." I explained, shaking my head softly as I remembered last night.

"He told you all the things he liked about you?" She aw'd, "That's so cute."

I rolled my eyes, "He was drunk, people say the craziest thing when they're drunk." I dismissed her.

"True but you know what they say. The truth comes out when people are drunk." She shrugged with a smirk, "Face it, Skylar. He likes you."

I sighed heavily and played with the hem of Jacks shirt that I had fell asleep in. "This is what I didn't want. He's catching feelings for me, I'm not ready for this." I groaned, running my hands over my face.

My phone ringing cut off Alexis before she could say anything. We both whipped our heads towards the nightstand where my phone laid on.

I grabbed it and tilted it so I could see the screen, "It's Jack." I muttered.

"Answer it!" Alexis urged, swatting my leg as I watched it ring.

I rolled my eyes and clicked answer, pulling the phone up to my ear. "Hello?" I answered.

"Hey, Skylar. It's Jack." He said, It was evident in his voice that he had just woken up.

"Yeah I know, Caller I.D is a big helper." I said sarcastically.

Jack chuckled, "I just wanted to say thank you for last night."

I looked down, pulling the comforter off me and swinging my legs off the bed so I was sitting on the edge of the bed, "You remember all that?" I asked a little surprised.

"Kind of. It's like bits and pieces but I do remember you coming to get me and taking me home." He explained.

"How are you feeling?" I asked, pushing my hair out my face.

"I have a killer headache and no pain killers so I'll probably be in bed all day." He sighed.

I stood up and walked into my bathroom, pulling open the cabinet which was also a mirror, "I have some Tylenol if you want me to stop by. " I told him, picking up the pill bottle.

"Oh, you don't have to. I don't wanna be a bother. You've helped enough." He said.

"Jack I'm not gonna let you sit around all day with a headache, that'd make me an asshole of a friend. I'll be over shortly."

"I owe you big time." Jack said, I could tell he was smiling.

"Yes you do." I chortled, "See you in a little."

I hung up the phone and turned around. I jumped slightly as I see Alexis right in front of me.

"Jesus Alexis! What the hell!" I exclaimed, putting my hand on my chest.

"You're going over there?" She asked, ignoring the fact that she startled me.

I walked past her and to my dresser, pulling out a pair of denim ripped jeans and a plain black v-neck. "Yeah, he's hungover." I answered.

I walked back into the bathroom, closing the door and began to strip out of my clothes. I quickly hopped into the shower and about thirty minutes later, I got out and dried myself off.