Epilogue;

- A week later -

"So you guys are finally together, huh?" Chase smirked, raising his eyebrow at Jack and I.

We glanced over at each other and nodded, "Yeah," I nodded.

"Officially mine." Jack added, a sweet smile on his face.

I smiled softly, looking down at my lap, "Six months later." I sighed happily.

"I'm happy we took it slow." Jack rubbed my shoulder, "it made me appreciate you more."

I nodded, "It helped me. Mentally and emotionally. If we would've just rushed into a relationship, it would've ruined us. We wouldn't be as close, for sure. We took the time to get to know each other. I fell in love with you as time continued between us." I rubbed my thumb across his hand.

"I agree," Alexis nodded, "Skylar was tore apart emotionally. I didn't know this until she told me about two months into you guys seeing each other. She was still hurting inside but perfectly faked a smile to everyone she knows."

"Once you guys got closer, I seen her get happier and happier. She'd smiled for no reason, she was just a lot happier. So thank you Jack, for making my best friend happy again." She concluded, smiling as she sipped her fresh hot chocolate.

"It's no problem, I'm just happy she gave me a chance." Jack conveyed, rubbing his hands together.

"She wasn't even this happy with Andrew." Chase commented.

"That's true. I was happy - for like half a year - but not as happy as I am now. " I rubbed the rim of my cup with my index finger.

"I like Jack." Summer chimed in, looking up from her Disney's princess coloring book.

"So do I," My mom smiled over at us.

"As do I. As long as you keep her happy and stay out of trouble, you're all good on my end." My dad nodded, using hand movements.

"Well I must say, Skylar's an amazing girl." Katherine complimented me, sending a wink my way.

I chortled softly, "Thank you."

"She's very respectful and she makes my son happy." David added, sitting down his mug.

"Alright, alright." I giggled, "enough with the compliments please." I dismissed it with a wave of my hand.

"I'm just happy we can all be here together." Jack announced, his hold around my waist tightening gently.

"So am I." I nodded.

"Should we say a toast before the countdown?" Katherine suggested.

We all nodded and raised our mugs in the air.

"Cheers to all the great memories," My mom started.

"Cheers to all of us gathering together on New Years Eve," My dad smiled.

"Cheers to reconnections with old friends," Alexis smiled at Chase.

"Cheers to second chances," Chase looked at both Alexis and I with a appreciative smile and wink.

"Cheers to new love," Katherine said happily.

"Cheers to new friends," David smiled.

"Cheers to new memories," Laura smiled.

"Cheers to trying new things and taking risks," Molly grinned.

"Cheers to never giving up on those you love," Jack looked at me, wrapping his around my waist again.

"Cheers to inevitable love," I smiled up at Jack, looking in his eyes.

"Cheers to happiness!" Summer exclaimed.

10, 9, 8, 7,

We all clinked our mugs together, hurriedly gathering around the huge flatscreen television mounted on the wall.

6, 5, 4,

Everyone paired together; Jack and I, Katherine and David, My mom and my dad, Chase and Alexis, Laura and Molly off the side watching us and Summer with the huge teddy bear Jack had won for me.

3,

Jack turned to me, resting one hand on my cheek and the other around my waist firmly, his thumb caressing my cheek.

2,

I wrapped my arms around Jacks neck, pulling our bodies closer, closing the gap between us. We both licked our lips and leaned in.

1, Happy New Year!

Our lips collided and sparks flew. Not just on the television but between us. It reminded me of why I ever fell in love with Jack in the first place.

All our memories together; the arguing, the kissing, the cuddling, the long nights just talking, everything we've been through and successfully worked through.

After six months, Jack and I finally figured out that no matter what was said, we'd work through it. We couldn't stay away from each other too long.

Our love was inevitable and I wouldn't have it any other way.