Chapter XIV

"Don't worry, Sky. Call me if you need me alright." Alexis hugged me tightly before pulling away and hopping out the car.

I sent her a reassuring smile and watched as she made her way into her house, honking the horn once I saw she was inside and drove off.

I had my right hand on the wheel and the other hand holding my head up, my index finger rested on my temple, massaging lightly as a small headache began to form.

The only sound throughout my ride home was cars honking at each other, signaling them to go and the radio playing some overplayed song like usual.

Even through all of this, I still couldn't get the situation that I had just went through out my head.

His ex-girlfriend? Out of all people that he could've 'bumped into', it's his ex-girlfriend.

But maybe I was jealous, but I don't have a reason to be jealous. I groaned loudly as I park into my house, taking the key out of the ignition and just sitting there.

I don't want this feeling, I've experienced this way too many times but at-least I had a reason to be jealous, I had a boyfriend.

After minutes of just sitting in my car, staring at my lap in silence I decided it was time to get out the car. I quickly hopped out and made my way into my house, plopping down on the couch.

I grabbed the remote off the coffee table and turned on the television, flicking through channels.

About a half an hour later, I felt my self dozing off but was awaken by my doorbell ringing.

I turned my head towards the door and whined loudly, standing up from my current position and shuffling my feet against the cold wooden floors and swung open the door. "Chase?" I asked, completely surprised.

"Surprise," He chuckled.

I tittered and wrapped my arms around his neck. He instantly wrapped his arms around my waist tightly, swaying us from side to side momentarily before we both released each other from our hold.

"Wait," I paused, "how did you figure out where I lived?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows.

"I have my ways, " He smirked, raising his eyebrows, "Can I come in?" He asked, pointing inside the house.

I nodded and moved out the way to let him inside.

I closed the door behind me, "Nice house." He smiled.

I thanked him then led him into the living room, "Do you want anything to drink or eat?" I asked him.

He politely declined my offer and sat down on the couch, propping his legs up on the coffee table.

"Same ole' Chase I see," I chuckled, swatting his legs off of my table.

"And same ole' Skylar, not letting me be comfortable." He joked.

I rolled my eyes, "You still roll your eyes?" He chuckled, "I swear they're just gotta roll out your head or your gonna get them stuck."

"Whatever, Chase." I laughed, leaning my head against the armrest and putting my legs on his lap, "So what brings you here?" I asked.

He shrugged, resting his hands ontop of my legs, "I just couldn't stop thinking about you since our encounter at the store. You're the last person I ever expected to see, even though I hoped I would've. I missed my best friend." He smiled.

I couldn't help but smile back at him, "So tell me about your life now, Chase." I insisted.

He nodded, "Alright, " He hummed, "Well nothing's really changed other than the fact that I'm in college now." He shrugged.