Fourteen

Amour-

I had been up early knocking things out for the day

I had been up early knocking things out for the day. I went by Ant's mom house and gave her money and checked up on her like Rashad asked. Went by the club to find out where I'm meeting Lisa. And now I'm meeting Kavon at Ant's grave to clean his grave off and then I'm going to go see my honey in Jail.

I got out of my car when I seen Kavon walk up the grave.

"Hey K" i said as I walked up on him

He smiled looking down at the grave "Hey Amour"

"Looks like Ant needs some fresh flowers and to get these weeds away from his grave" I said bending down

We both started pulling the weeds around his grave and wiping off his tombstone.

"So what's this I hear about you having a baby now?" I asked

He nodded smiling big "Yeah I am"

I mushed his shoulder laughing "Booooy you growing up"

"You like the girl you having the baby with?" I asked raising my eyebrow

He laughed "Yeah A, I love her"

He pulled his phone out his pocket flashing me a picture of him and the girl on his lock screen.

"Awwwwwww K!!!!!" I shouted "Y'all so cute that y'all look alike"

"Man shut up" He laughed at my joke

We finished cleaning up the grave. We sat down on either said as I put fresh flowers and balloons on his grave.

"Now you know Ant don't want them girly ass flowers on his grave. He want a couple of these" he pulled some rolled blunts out his pocket tucking it in the flowers

I laughed "You so damn goofy"

We laughed staying silent as our laughs ended.

"You good K?" I asked him

He nodded "Its getting easier. I used to feel like I couldn't breathe without Ant being here, but I'm making peace with it. Moms said she's making peace with it but she can't even come out here to his grave. She hasn't stepped foot in his room since he died"

"Gotta give her some time" I told him "If you thought loosing a brother is hard, loosing a son is something different"

"How do you do it? You just seem like your okay with your brother being dead"

"I'm never ok. That shit still haunts me K" I sighed "But I gotta live the life that I know he would've wanted me to Live and that's why I go so hard doing everything i do"

"So Ant probably looking down on me thinking I'm fucking up huh?" He said glancing over at me

I shook my head "Ant is watching over everything you do. He's probably up there cracking jokes about you and getting on God's last nerve" i ended my statement with a chuckle

"Your right, his annoying ass" He laughed "Rashad told you about what I went and talked to you about?"

I nodded "Yeah and i agree with everything Rashad said. I know Rashad is a lil rude and wanna be everybody daddy" i chuckled again "But he means well and the last thing he wants is for something bad to happen to you"

"I know. It's just when all this done. Then what do i do?" He asked

"You put one foot in front of the other"

He looked confused "What?"

"One foot in front of the other. You walk forward never backwards. You progress and grow as a human being and be great" i told him

He sighed

I looked down checking my watch "I have to go pick my child up from daycare so we can go see Rashad. But K, just think about it all and know that whenever your ready, I'll be here to help you along the way ok?"

He nodded "Giving me a hug, thanks sis"

"No problem, don't stay out here for too long" i said as I walked away to my car

I scooped up Noel from daycare and went to the jail. After they cleared me through security they sat us at a table.

We waited for about 10 minutes before Rashad came out. I stood up hugging him quickly giving him a kiss as quick as possible so the guards wouldn't see.

"Hey beautiful" he said smiling

"Hi honey" i said as i looked around "this is so much better than the glass window and the phones"

He chuckled "I know, i can actually see you clearly without that nasty ass dirty window"

He looked down at Noel as she played with his fingers on the table.

"She's growing so much" he said with a small smile "I'm sorry I'm missing all of this"

"You're not missing it honey, that's why we come up here so often. I want you to know that your still very involved in our life" i explained to him

He nodded sighing "What's going on out there anyway, you do what i asked?"

"Yeah everything with Ant's mom and Kavon are taken care and Ant's grave is clean"

"Your amazing" He said smiling "Making sure all my work gets done while I'm done"

"Being You is a damn hard job" i joked "I don't see how you do it"

He laughed shrugging his shoulders "My life is easier than a lot of people"

We both laughed before it got silent.

"Are you okay?" I asked looking concerned

He nodded "Yeah yeah i keep telling you I'm good in here. Just gotta keep waiting on these day to fly by till they relea-"

I cut him off "No Rashad, you know what I'm talking about"

He knew just as well as I knew that I was talking bout Ant's birthday today.

He sighed "I'm making it A. I can't let it get me down because I already got so much trynna get me down right now. I knew today was gone be hard, especially with me in here. But i gotta keep my head on straight if imma stay sane in here"

I nodded taking in everything he said. I wish he could just come home today.

________________________________

Happy Birthday Ant🖤

Blow me up with comments!

Smooches💋