Twenty-Four

Amour-

My eyes were amazed at the sight of this wedding

My eyes were amazed at the sight of this wedding. It was everything I wanted Times 10. All i could do was look around.

Tears welled up in my eyes

Tears welled up in my eyes. The veil covered my watery eyes.

"Princess this where I gotta let you go" I guess I was clutching onto my dad so tight when we got to the alter

I chuckled kissing his cheek before stepping up to stand in front of Rashad.

"You look beautiful" Rashad whispered to me

The preacher began our service. It was all like I was in a dream.

"Are the couple ready to exchange their vows?" He asked

We bother nodded giggling at each other in love.

Rashad cleared his throat "Amour baby I love you with all of me and I will love forever, past the time I leave the earth, and continue on in the next life. You know I got you when your sick, poor, healthy or rich, I'm with you through it all. I promise to only love you and love you in a way that is so special. I vow these things to you"

"Place the ring on her finger" the preacher said as Rashad turned around grabbing the ring from Ty and sliding it on my finger

Welp. There goes the water works. It was my turn and at this point, I am boo whoing.

I sniffled trying to gain my composure "Rashad, never in a million years did I think I'd find someone as perfect for me as you. Rashad because of you I smile and laugh like never before. You are truly one of my greatest blessings and I am thankful that God put you in my life. You are my best friend and you will always be the love of my life. I finally found my soulmate and I promise to be nothing but the wife that God wants me to be in your life."

I got the ring from Talia sliding it on Rashad's finger.

"In the presence of this good company, by the power of your love, because you have exchanged vows of commitment, we recognize you as married" The preacher took a brief pause "You may now kiss the bride"