Thirty-Six

Amour-

I had been out furniture shopping for Noel's room and needless to say, Rashad was right, his bank account should be screaming very soon

I had been out furniture shopping for Noel's room and needless to say, Rashad was right, his bank account should be screaming very soon. I had my mom and Ariel with me because i figured she'd know better than anything what a lil girl would want.

"Ariel this or this?" I said showing her color swatches

She pointed to the one in my left hand "That one TT! That's cute!"

I nodded cause that's the one I was thinking in my head. I looked up and my mom was just staring at me.

"Mom stop staring at me your creeping me out" i said laughing

She rolled her eyes laughing "Girl those shitty diapers creeped me out but here I am still looking at you"

"Mommm" i said laughing embarrassed as she said that out loud

"I'm just looking at you, you have the pregnancy glow again" she said smiling "I just wanna be here to see this all through"

I looked down at the my Nike tech sweatsuit i squeezed in this morning "Mom I'm literally blowing up like a oompah Loompa"

"Girl hush that nonsense" she said shoo'ing me "You look great!"

I smiled. But in my head I knew, being this short and getting pregnant, i looked like a midget that swallowed a basketball.

"Come on let's check out" i said pushing my cart to the cash register

I was digging in my purse looking for Rashad's debit card.

"Amour!" I heard a familiar voice call my name

I looked up squinting my eyes "Dave?"

He walked up to me hugging me "Dang, yo nigga getting another baby outta you?"

I shrugged "Guess we're trynna grow the Brady bunch"

He chuckled "So y'all working it out?"

I put up my hand showing my ring "I'd say it's worked out"

His eyes got wide "Oh your m-m-married now?"

I fluttered my eyes "Happily"

He seemed like he was choked up.

"You can run along now" i said smiling "clearly you are uncomfortable now"

He rubbed the back of his neck before awkwardly walking off.

"What was that?" My mom said chuckling

I gave the cashier the debit card.

"Chile it wouldn't even be no point to talk about it. He's a flash from the past" i told her as i got my card and receipt for the cashier