Fourty

||Author Note: Comments have been VERY low lately for how many reads I get. Y'all gotta get these comments up or imma have to let this book go😓. Smooches💋||

Amour-

I opened the door walking into the house with Noel and me carrying bags

"Daaaaaaddy!" Noel said dropping the bags taking off running to Rashad

I smiled there relationship was so cute.

"Hey boo!" I said shutting the door putting my bags down

I sniffed around "Ooooou is that a lobster roll I smell?!"

I took off to the kitchen. I heard Rashad laugh

"Don't eat them all fatass! You know you have to eat seafood in moderation" he said as he walked into the kitchen holding Noel

He put her down squatting "Letmme talk to mommy and then I'll come up and we can play. Ok?"

She nodded her head vigorously "Ok daddy"

She turned to me sticking her hand out. I rolled my eyes giving her a piece of my lobster. She smiled and took off running up the stairs.

Rashad plopped down on a barstool.

"What's wrong?" I asked with my mouth stuffed with food

He sighed "Kavon in some shit with this Nigga name Jay. Drug and money related"

I looked surprised "What? Is he okay? What happened? How-"

"He's fine just a dumbass. I told him to leave that drug shit alone and now look he in some shit and I gotta get him outta of it" he said

My eyes got wide "You? Wait wait wait wait! Rashad, we've been doing so well. No drama. And i don't want yo-"

"Amour" he cut me off "This is Ant's lil brother. Shit he's like my lil brother, the last thing Imma let happen to him is some fake ass trap nigga kill him"

I sighed "But Rashad we-"

He cut me off again "I'on wanna hear it A"

"You promise you'll handle it and be done?" I said feeling defeated "You won't get hurt or be back in a jail cell"

He got up walking around to me. He pulled me into his arms hugging me and kissing my forehead.

"I'm not gonna get hurt or be in jail. Imma deal with it Amour." He said holding onto me

I knew no matter what I said, he was going to put his life on the line for Kavon if need be. And all I could do was pray for him.

"You gotta stressing bout me we gonna have a baby in some months. That's were your focus needs to be. You the baby and Noel" he told me pulling away from me

I rolled my eyes "I always worry about you. I always have and it ain't gonna stop today"

"Daddy!!" Noel yelled from upstairs

I suppose he was taking too long to come up there and play with her. That little girl was something else.

"Well don't worry too much imma take care of fast and easy" he said smiling at me before walking up the stairs

I rubbed my stomach looking down at it. The last thing I wanted to be was pregnant and some shit pop off and I can't do shit about it.

A couple days later...

"It's just so cold in this office. My nipples could cut through my shirt if I breathe too hard" I said to Talia on FaceTime as I sat in the doctors office

She chuckled "Shad not there yet?"

I shook my head "No and this whole Kavon shit got me on edge. I mean I've never even heard of this Jay guy"

"I heard Ty talk about him before, and not in a positive way. So i don't know what Frick and Frack are planning but they are mighty quiet" she said

"You ain't lying, these last couple days Rashad came in hella late, barely ate, and went to bed"

She sighed "You know these niggas gotta play Superman no matter what and-"

I heard Rashad's voice coming down the hall, sounded like he was on the phone.

"Shhhh! I gotta go. Rashad coming. I'll call you later" i said

She laughed "Ite Sis. Call my ass back nigga!"

"Yeah yeah yeah!" I said before hanging up on her as Rashad walked in the room

"Hey fat mamas" he said ending his phone call walking up and kissing me "You in here talking to yo self?"

I giggled "No crazy. I was on the phone with Talia"

He sat down in the chair beside me "I'm sorry I'm late, i had some shit to take care of. I seen your doctor in the hall, she's coming"

"What were you out and about doing?" I asked

He looked at me "Shit"

I didn't ask another question because he knew if anybody, i was the one he could talk to about this but he just wouldn't.

Doctor Sunny came in with a bright smile.

"Back here agaaaain. How do you feel?" She asked putting on gloves

I smiled pushing hair outta my face "Fat"

"Well that's normal" she chuckled sitting down "Any pain? Complications? Things your worried about?"

Just worried about Rashad.

I shook my head "Everything has been normal, i have no pain, just constantly having to pee"

"Well that's very normal" she said "You notice anything different about her dad?"

Rashad looked up from his phone "Nah, she's straight. It's all been pretty normal from her first pregnancy"

She nodded smiling "Today is the day! We find out if it's a booooy or a giiiiiirl. What do y'all want?"

I sighed "I really don't care. This baby is a miracle, I just want a healthy baby"

Rashad nodded his head in agreement.

Doctor sunny checked everything she needed to check before putting the clear gel over my stomach and the machine on it. The sound of our baby's heartbeat made my heart flutter.

Rashad smiled looking up at the screen.

"That's the strongest heartbeat I've ever heard" Doctor sunny said smiling "This little baby is strong, seems to be growing right on schedule"

Rashad was on the edge of seat just looking up at the screen like he was in love "Whats the gender?"

Doctor sunny moved the machine so we could see more of the baby.

"It looks your having a.........."

________________________________
Y'all didn't really think I was giving y'all the baby gender right now did y'all? 😂

Blow me up with comments!

Smooches💋