Chapter 3

"You need anything?" he asked, sounding actually curious about my well-being. I thought for a second. I need new wires and metal for Cleo's entity. Might as well ask.

"Yeah," I said. "Where can I get some metals, wires, and cameras? As well as an audio box?"

"Three floors down," he said. "Enjoy kid." Then the call ended.

I finished my pizza and downed my coffee, before going down three floors. I had my calculations in my journal, and her main chip in my necklace.

Cleo was getting an entity.

In the storage floor I found everything I could ever need. I grabbed a quart of wires, none wider than 1 mm, a camera the size of my thumbnail, a speaker the size of my palm, a color changing light, and a box of metal plates. I'd give her a look later.

Then I went back up to my lab. I worked on her all night, drinking coffee like it was air. 

By the time I was done, I had made a floating orb with a light that changed to her mood, with visual and audio, a secondary memory chip, her main chip, and a cooling system.

I set up a small charging pad that plugged into the table and placed the orb on it.

"Charge up," I said. I smiled to myself when I heard Cleo squeal from the speakers as I set the orb down.

It was nearly 7:00 in the morning when my bedroom curtains closed and I passed out onto my bed.

I woke up a groggy mess at 12:30 - and that was only because Cleo was making coffee. 

I got downstairs to see her floating orb bouncing around the kitchen.

"Morning," she said, as I made my coffee.

I nodded. It was too early to speak. 

I scanned the room before taking my drink upstairs to get ready. 

Black crop top and metal plated jeans. I always wore my iron toed combat boots in case my clumsy self dropped something on my foot. I added a bit of makeup and went down to my lab.

"Cleo, run this things schematics," I said, tapping on my suit of iron with a clink.

"On it boss," Cleo replied, zipping over to my suit.

I needed a new one. My current one worked fine, but it was outdated. The repulsors were just strong enough to knock a truck over, the thrusters couldn't get me to break the sound barrier, and I had to be careful in the rain. It also needed a new paint job, and a lighter (but stronger) material.

"When you're done, just send them to my laptop," I told Cleo before going back down to the storage floor.

Aluminum and titanium plating would be perfect. Actually, scratch the aluminum. Just titanium. 

I found a large cart and filled it with wires, titanium, glass, and whatever else I needed. Since glass was a better heat conductor, or repeller, I'd line my new replusors with that so as not to weaken the titanium.

"Hey kid!" I heard someone call. I turned around.

"Hey Tony," I said as he came up next to me.

"Whatcha doin'?" he asked, eyeing my cart.

"New suit," I said. 

"Titanium?" Tony sighed. "Kid I got a lot to teach you."

I rolled my eyes, as he motioned for me to follow him. He held up a sheet of metal.

"Nitinol," he said. "Better than titanium in 1,000 ways." 

Tony had a worker swap out my glass and titanium for nitinol. 

"It's got a shape returning force of over 30,000 PSI, a melting point of 2,370 F, and it's much lighter than titanium." Tony paused for a second. "Do you know what graphene is?" he continued.

"I may not have known about nitinol, but I'm no idiot," I replied.

Graphene was a, one atom thick, super material. Bulletproof, lightweight, and almost entirely invisible. I had used whatever amounts I could get on the chest, helmet, and groin on my old suit.

"Then you might wanna grab some. And I have an extra reactor if you want to put it in your suit," Tony offered, tapping the one built into his chest.

"Yeah. Thanks," I said, grabbing some graphene.

"Just come up if you need it," Tony said as he walked away.

Back in my workshop, I dumped my stuff on the floor and put my cart in the corner.

"Any issues with Fury I?" I asked.

"Fury I?" Cleo asked, not recognizing the new name for my suit.

"Yeah. I'm naming my suits now," I declared.

"Oh," Cleo replied. "Well the Fury I schematics are fine."

"Good," I said. "Then can you turn on my music?"

Cleo's orb shook, as a nod, and the music turned on.

I pulled up the old designs/schematics for Fury I and added the new equations and materials. 

The nitinol allowed for my thrusters to naturally give me more speed, but I still upped my max output. I added in the stronger repulsor algorithms, and swiped my screen onto the largest monitor. I flipped it around so it read right when I was by the welding model.

I had made a new program a few years back that would simplify the steps for making my more complicated projects. It'd still probably take about a day, but it would be longer without the program.

7 hours, and 2 coffee pots, later I had both legs and the lower torso done. 

I wiped the small beads of sweat off my brow and stepped back for a moment. It looked pretty damn good so far, and it'd better be worth it. I had plenty of nicks and cuts down my arms and hands from loose wires and metal scraps.

Don't forget the welders grease I had smeared on my hands and now probably my forehead.

"Faith, you've got someone coming up to your floor," Cleo informed, hovering by my shoulder. It was just past 8:30 at night. Who would be coming up?

"Is it Tony or Pepper?" I asked.

"Nope," she replied.

I scrunched my eyebrows. I couldn't have just any visitor, so I got upstairs with Cleo by my right as the elevator doors opened. A boy, not much older than me, was frantically hitting the button.

"No no no!" he said, "Wrong floor!" 

*A/N*

who do you think it is?? enemy or foe?

also for anyone whos sticking with this story thank you so much for the support I swear im trying <3