Chapter 5

Peter and I looked at each other before going up in the elevator.

The doors opened with a "ding" and we stepped into the room with 7 other adults. Well, 6 adults and Tony Stark. I'm proud to say that I recognized every single one of them.

The red head badass was Natasha Romanoff, Black Widow. The kinda shy guy must be Bruce Banner, renowned scientist with 7 PhDs - a.k.a the Hulk. The huge dude who looked kinda like Point Break in a comic con costume was Thor. The 6'2" pile of perfection was Steve Rogers, Captain America. There was another guy who could've been just your average Joe if it wasn't for the suit and dangerous look in his eye. That was Clint Barton, Hawkeye.

"Meet the Avengers," Tony said, leaning against his kitchen island.

Peter was so starstruck I couldn't help but smile a little. His mouth was even a bit slack jaw. I was a little in awe at the fact that I was in a room with my idols, but I that didn't stop me from making a cup of coffee.

It was 11:00 and I still had work to do after this.

"Pleasure to meet you guys," I said, drinking my coffee.

"Isn't it a little late for you to have coffee?" Banner asked.

"Not when I have a suit to finish," I replied.

Everybody looked from me to Tony and back before Clint spoke up.

"Suit?"

"Yeah," I said," Iron Woman."

"Aren't you a little young?" Clint asked.

"Is there ever such a thing?" I replied.

Natasha smiled. "I like her," she said. I grinned.

"And that's Peter, a.k.a. Spiderman," Tony said, as Peter joined the circle.

"A man of spiders?" Thor asked.

"Kinda. You see, Mr. Thor, a spider bit me and gave me some really cool abilities," he explained.

"Such as?" Steve asked.

"Umm..." Peter said, looking around the room before running over to the couch. 

His face scrunched as he picked up the whole couch! That thing was over 12 feet long! I'll admit my jaw slacked a little.

"Proportional strength of a spider," I muttered.

"What?" Steve asked, turning to me.

"You've got the proportional strength of a spider," I said to Peter. "Don't you?"

He nodded and set the couch back down. Thor applauded.

"You are truly fit to join our ranks," Thor boomed. Peter flushed.

"Thanks Mr. Thor. But I can't," Peter said.

"Why not?" Rogers asked.

"My aunt would kill me," Peter replied. "And I'm just an intern for Mr. Stark."

Steve nodded like he understood.

"Are you joining us?" Clint asked me. I just shrugged and looked at Tony.

"Your call kid," he said. Fuck yeah!

"Wait," Bruce interjected. "What about your family?"

"Dead," I shrugged. My unfazed-ness shocked them. "So I'm in if you'll let me."

"You're in," Natasha said. "It's about time we had another kickass woman around here."

I had a feeling she didn't give out compliments often so I smiled again.