•fifty two•

••

two weeks later

•Odell•

"Babe you gon feed her before we go or should I warm up a bottle" I yelled from the bedroom while she finished getting dressed in the bathroom. Olivia had a doctors appointment to check her growth and receive a few vaccines, usually we'd be running late but today everything was going by smoothly so there wasn't a rush.

"I'll feed her I'm almost ready!" She called out.

While she finished her business I put my back against the headboard letting Olivia lay on her stomach against my chest. I was scrolling through the calendar on my phone looking at what I had planned for the week when I felt little hands feeling around.

"What you doing huh?" I asked moving my phone farther away from her. She let out a yell hitting her hand against my chest reaching for the phone again. "You can't have this bug"

She whined trying to inch closer but she could barely even lift her head up. "Olive" I sternly said. Growing frustrated she burst into a fit of tears kicking her small chubby legs. I shook my head when her face became as her eyes and fist clenched shut.

"What are you doing to my baby" Mira frowned walking out of the bathroom and picking her up.

"You be spoiling her bruh' she throwin a fit cause I wouldn't give her my phone" I shrugged standing up to slip my sneakers on

Mira rolled her eyes sitting down on the edge of the bed and started to feed Olivia so her crying would cease. "Daddy is so mean isn't he" She whispered but I could hear.

"You talking shit?"

Ignoring his question she turned to him and asked one herself "My makeup look good?"

Shrugging his shoulders he walked over to where she was sitting to full examine her face "It's aight."

"Babe" She frowned. "Is it really just alright? I spent a whole hour doing it"

I pecked her lips twice "You know that shit look good' youn need me to tell you"

"You play too much."

I chuckled shaking my head "Aight I'm finna take Shooter and Scrappy out to the backyard think you'll be done by then?"

"Mhm, we'll meet you at the car"

I nodded and made my way down the steps, passed the living room and into the laundry room where Shooter and Scrappy were in their cages. As soon as they saw me enter the stood up to the feet and barked excitedly "I know I know"