Chapter 2

Chapter 2

In the end, I kicked his ass. It was like 20 to 0. Everyone cheered and said I was awesome. I didn't stay for the applause; I went to go get changed. When I walked out of the locker room, there Elliot stood again.

"Following me?" I asked with a grin.

"You wish." He smirked. "Well, technically. I wanted to make sure you knew how to get home."

"Um, I think so. Thanks." I said shocked that he cared to know I would get home safe.

"I'll walk with you." He said.

Yet again, I stood there shocked, but I nodded.

"Can I ask you a question?" he said looking in my eyes.

"Only if I can ask you one." I said and he nodded telling me to go first.

"Why were you mad earlier?" I asked. He hesitated.

"I was-uh- talking to my step-dad, and we got into an argument over the phone." He said quickly not looking at my face.

"Oh." Was all I could say.

"Yeah, so my turn. First hour, you said that band made you think of happier times, and then I said something made you the way you are, so I was wondering what it was. You don't have to tell me though." He asked looking at me again.

"Um, well. My dad died three years ago 'cause of cancer, and now my mom works all the time, and doesn't really care what I do. It's hard for the both of us to be around each other without thinking of him. If I died she wouldn't care, nobody would." I said, whispering the last part, which I didn't mean to say.

"I would care." Elliot said as he walked in front of me to face me. "And I'm sorry."

"Thanks." I said not looking at him. "There's my house."

"I'll see you tomorrow." Elliot said and walked away.

I unlocked my door and threw my backpack on the ground. I jumped on the couch and started watching TV. I was starting to drift off to sleep, when my phone went off. I looked and saw that it was a call from an unknown number.

"Hello?" I said into my phone.

"Hey it's me Elliot." The person on the other line said.

"How'd you get my number? OMG! You really are a stalker." I said laughing.

"Haha, no I looked at your phone in your bag, and I texted myself from it." He said.

"Oh. So what's up?" I asked.

"Nothing, just wanted to tell you that if you got a text from this number that it was me." He replied casually.

"Why didn't you just text me then?" I asked with a smirk.

"I don't know, but I have to go, see ya." He said quickly.