Chapter 43

Chapter 43

It was Tuesday, and I awoke in Elliot's arms. It felt perfect. I kissed his nose, and he woke up. He pulled me closer.

"What time is it?" he asked. I turned my head to look at the clock.

"Noon. Damn, what time did I fall asleep?" I asked him.

"Somewhere around one." He said with his eyes closed. Was he seriously still tired?

"I'm gonna get ready." I said as I squirmed out of his arms.

"Ok." He said as he pulled the covers back over him. I laughed. He was just too cute.

I hopped in the shower and got dressed. I brushed my teeth and hair and walked back into my room. He fell back asleep. I rolled my eyes at him. I decided to let him sleep.

I walked downstairs and made myself a bowl of oatmeal. This time it tasted sweet instead of dry and bitter. I jumped on the couch and shifted through the channels on the TV. I looked through the movie channels and chose a horror film. I grabbed a bowl of popcorn and started watching the movie.

"Boo!" someone screamed behind me during a scary part in the movie.

The bowl of popcorn flew out of my hands. I turned around to see Elliot laughing. I gave him my best death glare.

"Not funny." I scolded him.

"I thought so." He said as he picked a piece of popcorn out of my hair. He hopped over the back of the couch and sat next to me. He wrapped his arm around my shoulder as I picked the rest of the popcorn out of my hair.

"You're vacuuming." I stated. He groaned.

"I hate vacuuming." He whined.

"Serves you right." I stuck my tongue out at him.

"How mature." He rolled his eyes.

"Who said I was mature?" I giggled. He was about to answer when my phone rang.

"Hello?" I smiled into the phone.

"Is it true?" Alex yelled into the phone.

"'Bout what?" I asked furrowing my eyebrows.

"The shooting." He said.

"Well it wasn't really a shooting." I started.

"So it is true." He said. "I'm coming over." He added after a pause and hung up.

"Alex is coming over." I told Elliot.

"Yeah, I heard. You gonna be ok?" He asked. I nodded. He kissed my cheek. He was about to kiss my lips when I put my hand up.

"Don't you dare try and change the subject." I smiled. "The vacuum is in the closet." I said as I spread my body out on the couch.

He walked to the closet grumbling. I laughed at him. He vacuumed up the popcorn and put the vacuum away.

"Happy?" he asked amused as he lifted my legs up and placed them on his lap, so he could sit.

"Yup." I smiled. The doorbell rang. I sighed and walked to answer the door.

"Wow, I can't believe it was you." He rambled on as he walked through the door without a hello. "Oh hey Elliot." He said as he saw Elliot on my couch.

"'Sup dude." Elliot said as he stretched.

"Congrats by the way." He winked at Elliot, and I blushed. "So anyways, tell me what the hell happened."

I sighed and told him the whole story.

"Wow, that guy is nuts." He concluded after I told him everything.

"My thoughts exactly." I mumbled.

"So how are you two?" he asked with a wink.

"Outta my house." I said as I pointed at the door.

"No, please let me stay. I'll be good." He pleaded.

"Nope, you perv." I laughed at him.

"Fine." He laughed as he walked out the door. "I wouldn't want to see you two-" I kicked him in the butt. "Ok, ok, I'm outta here." He said with a smile.

"See ya." I called after him. I walked back to the couch. I looked at the clock and saw that it was five till five. "You should get going I told him." he looked at the clock.

"I have a few minutes." He said with a smirk.

He pulled me close to him, and I wrapped my arms around him. It felt like my body melted perfectly with his. I crushed my lips to his as I ran my hands down his back. I was careful not to hurt him. I pulled away and kissed his neck. He moaned.

"You have to go." I told him with a smirk.

"I don't want to." He said as he kissed my shoulder. It was my turn to moan.

He continued to kiss my skin until he reached my lips. I playfully tugged on his bottom lip. I pulled away.

"Time for you to go." I told him.

"Fine." He mumbled as he kissed my neck one last time. "I love you." He said while looking into my eyes. I kissed him on the lips.

"I love you too." I said while also staring into his eyes. He walked out of the door, and I continued watching my movie until I fell asleep.

It was hard to fall asleep without Elliot there with me, but I managed.