Chapter 41

Chapter 41

I woke up on Sunday to my phone ringing. I quickly took a glance at my clock. It was 2:30 P.M. I guess since I didn’t sleep the night before, I decided to sleep during the day.

“Hello?” I answered groggily.

“Are you just waking up?” a shrill voice said on the other line. I looked down to check the caller ID. It was Nicole.

“Yes, I am.” I said through a yawn.

“Ooo, were you busy all night with Elliot?” she squealed. Her voice was starting to hurt my ears.

“No actually, he left yesterday afternoon. I just didn’t get any sleep last night. Are all my friends pervs?” I said into the phone.

“Pretty much.” She laughed.

“So why are you calling me?” I asked as I turned on the shower. I was waiting for it to warm up.

“I wanted to hear more juicy details about Elliot, but now I know what happened. You are no fun.” She smirked into the phone.

“Well, then I won’t tell you anything when it does happen.” I warned.

“I take it back.” She replied quickly.

“Good, well now I’m going to take a shower. Goodbye.” I said as I hung up the phone.

Were all high schoolers seriously this sex crazed and perverted? I believe so. I hopped out of the shower and got dressed. I called my mom.

“Hey mom, guess what?” I said as soon as she answered the phone.

“What?” she asked amused.

“Elliot and I are dating.” I cooed.

“That’s great. I knew it was bound to happen.” She beamed. “Oh honey, I’m so happy, but I have to run. Love you.”

“Love you too.” I replied and ended the call.

I decided to do some homework that was due tomorrow. I had to write a stupid essay about a book we were reading. It took me the rest of the night to finish it.