Epilogue

Four Years Later

"Have you seen, Merlin?" Arthur asked Guinevere. He was standing in their bedroom holding a carrot.

"I think he's out with Morgana, why?" Guinevere asked.

"I'm damn near sure he turned my sword into a carrot," Arthur said and examined his carrot.

Guinevere walked to him, plucked the carrot out of Arthur's hand, and took a bite.

"Tastes like a carrot to me," She said

"When I get him to change it back to a sword, you're in for a real treat,"

Gwen rolled her eyes and the looked out their bedroom window, "Ah, there he is. In the courtyard with Morgana,"

Sure enough there were Merlin and Morgana sitting side by side on a bench surrounded by lavender flowers.

☆★☆

"What does Morgana mean?" Merlin asked Morgana.

Morgana tilted her head like she was thinking and then said, "It means the nicest auntie in the world. Don't you think?"

"That makes sense," Merlin nodded, "What does Merlin mean?"

Morgana smiled at the toddler, "Merlin, was your father's best friend. A long time ago your grandfather said that magic was against the law, but Merlin helped make it ok again,"

"Is it because of him that I can turn daddy's swords into carrots?" little Merlin asked.

"That's right," Morgana said and booped Merlin's nose, "But isn't it so much more fun to hide daddy's swords and replace them with carrots,"

Merlin laughed, "Yeah he gets scared when mummy eats them," Morgana laughed at this too.

"MERLIN" A voice bellowed.

"Uh-oh" Morgana and Merlin said in unison. Morgana took little Merlin and placed him in her lap.

Arthur approached the pair of them, "I knew you would be behind this mischief," He looked accusingly at Morgana.

"Who, me?" Morgana tried to look as innocent as possible behind Merlin's adorable face.

"It's such a beautiful day," Guinevere said from behind Arthur.

"It's the shortest day of the year," Morgana said, "It's been unseasonably warm on the solstice for four seasons now,"

They all were silent for a moment thinking about what had happened on that day four years ago. Merlin had always known he was going to have to die. Magic was balance. Circe created magic. She required a soul for a soul. Merlin knew that, and he was happy to do it to save Morgana. He had never forgiven himself for what he had done to her, but finally he was able to get peace. Guinevere and Arthur were married soon after Merlin's death. They had a son, and what else were they going to name him. Morgana and Arthur teamed up to bring magic back to Camelot, and in doing so they were on their way to uniting Albion. Just like the prophesy had said everything was happening because of Merlin.