Antecedents

"But I don't understand," Merlin interrupted,"I thought Uther was completely against magic."

Merlin was sitting on his bed facing Arthur's bed his face glowing from the light of the candle. Arthur was on his own bed resting his head on his hands.

"There's a lot I found out about my father after he died," Arthur began, "He would accomplish whatever he needed to to promote his own agendas...A cowardly hypocrite"

Merlin was taken aback at Arthur's words. Never before had he heard Arthur speak about his father so negatively.

"Arthur," Merlin reached out to Arthur.

"You don't understand Merlin. If my Father had just claimed Morgana as his own we wouldn't be in this situation"

"What do you mean?"

Arthur looked up at Merlin.

"Father summoned an incredibly powerful sorcerer to go after Morgana, but he never returned. Weeks later, we found his body in the woods. The way he was killed it was so... so gruesome. The story as you know it is that my father died in battle, but I was there. I saw his body. He was killed by the same person that killed the sorcerer."

"You believe it to be Morgana?" Merlin asked not believing she could do such a thing

"Merlin" Arthur's voice got very low "I believe that Morgana found out that she was Uther's daughter and she killed the sorcerer."

"Absolutely not," Merlin whispered.

"That's not all," Arthur began."The way the sorcerer was killed it wasn't by any means an ordinary human could do,"

"Does that mean?"

"I think Morgana is the most powerful sorcerer in the realm, and she has come back to Camelot to claim her throne."