NINETEEN

The three of us has been enjoying ourselves throughout the day, up until we had to go home. Nari was pretty much the entertainment, always cracking jokes and making us laugh. We were standing in front of the apartment door and we thanked Nari for planning our day and joining us, pretty much for everything.

Especially Wooyoung, I stood to the side and watched as they mumbled about something. I cursed myself for having terrible hearing, I could hardly make out what they were saying. I did hear my name coming out of Nari's mouth but I'm sure it's about nothing. So, I didn't interrupt their conversation.

After standing there, for what seemed like forever, Wooyoung came in for a hug and patted Nari on the back. Nari did the same thing and kissed the top of Wooyoung's head, considering she was the tallest out of all of us.

"Rest well and don't forget about taking your pills tonight, you dumbo," Nari squinted her eyes and pointed at him.

Wooyoung chuckled and nodded his head at what she said, "I won't, I promise. Miyeon's going to remind me to take it before I go to bed," he then turned to me, who was silently standing there, maybe or maybe not minding my own business, "right, Miyeon?"

I raised my brow and hummed confusingly, "what?"

"You're going to remind me to take my pills, right?" He asked.

I looked over at Nari and then back to Wooyoung and waved it off with a scoff, "of course."

Wooyoung gave me an approving nod and then turned to Nari, "see, you don't have to worry about me anymore, I am completely under Miyeon's care."

"Alright but if anything does happen, don't hesitate to call me," Nari furrowed her brows.

Wooyoung sighs and hung his head down and then looked over at me, "Miyeon?"

"Nari, like what he said, don't worry about him, it's going to be alright, nothing's going to happen, I'll make sure of it. But, I will make sure if something does happen to call you first," I said trying to assure her so I can get her to leave and we won't have to stand here, in the hallway, any longer.

Nari nods her head, "alright, I'll see you guys later then."

Wooyoung and I waved our hands at her until she disappeared from our sight and we both entered the apartment with a tired groan.

"Man, I thought she would never leave," I chuckled.

He laughs at my comment but his smile falters a bit a few seconds later, "I sometimes think how lucky I am for having someone as caring as Nari after my parents died. While most people wouldn't care and ignore you, Nari is always there to check up on you and see how you're holding up. I don't even think we deserve her. She's too good of a person. She almost reminds me of my mum."

"Your mum sounds like a lovely person," I said with a small smile, feeling the sadness engulfing me once again when I saw a flash of hurt on Wooyoung's face.

The look instantly changed when he puts on a false smile on his face, "she was. I'm sure she would've liked you."