Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Star

Elijah, Klaus, Hayley and I are in the courtyard, processing everything. “Of course she used those damn birds to make her offer” Klaus says mad as Elijah stands close by, Hayley sits in a chair, and I sit on the stairs, not really looking at anyone, but just listening. “Besides the offer of rebirth, what else did she say” Elijah asks Hayley and I “I don't know, she rambled a lot. She blamed the two of you for what happened to Hope, to me” Hayley says.

Elijah turns to me “what did she say to you”. I look up at them, but stay silent “Star” Klaus says. I think for a moment, debating weather or not I should say anything “nothing, she offered me the same deal”. I glance at Hayley who is looking at me, knowing I am lying but says nothing. “Well, I hope you two are not thinking of taking her offer” Elijah says. Hayley and I are silent as Elijah and I look at us “well” Klaus says. Hayley stands up, mad “what do you want me to say, Klaus? I lost my daughter. So, yeah, when your mother offers to wipe the slate clean, excuse me if I'm tempted”.

Hayley storms off and I sit there in silence as Klaus looks over at me and takes a few steps towards me. I look up at Klaus “I'm not taking it if that's what your wondering” I say in an annoyed voice. Klaus is silent and sighs before turning to his brother “our mother, Elijah, the woman who brought us into the world, made us what we are, and the whole time, she lied to me! She made me weak” Klaus says mad.

“You were never weak, Niklaus. You are, you have alwaysbeen the most fierce of us all. In a thousand years, I have never seen anyone successfully stand against you. Not even our wicked father or Star. Not one of the countless devoted to your destruction. You'll protect our home, even in the face of an adversary such as our mother, because that, brother, that is what you do” Elijah says.

Klaus looks grateful and comforted and grips Elijah's shoulder “you remain ever the wise counsel, brother. The rest of the family could learn something from you”. Elijah seems shocked at this kindness as Klaus leaves the room. Elijah stands there for a moment before walking over to me. “Looks like you finally have brushed off on my brother” Elijah says with a smile.

I push everything I'm feeling to the side and smiling “about time” I say and stand up. I go up the stairs and lay in my bed. Klaus walks in, stopping in the doorway before walking more into the room. I look up at Klaus as he lays down next to me, letting me put my head on his chest. “When you wee taking, all I could think about was getting you back” Klaus said, making me smile a little.

“What did you say to my mother” Klaus asked “nothing, just that she says she loves her children, but if she truly loved them then she would leave. I think I struck a nerve or something because she let me go” I say. “Well, it's easy to listen to you” Klaus says to me, making me chuckle “then why don't you do it” I asked? Klaus chuckled as well before we fell asleep in bed.

Esther

Finn and I are in the green house as we talk. “They're defiant by nature, and they've grown very strong. How do you expect to show them the error of their ways” Finn asked me? I laugh “I will systematically destroy everything they hold dear. I've already taken the wolves from Niklaus and made them our own. It is time, now, to focus on the prodigal son, Marcel, and his small nest of vampires across the river. Now that we have cleansed the Quarter of his kind, perhaps it's time to turn our attention to the outskirts of our beautiful home”.

Finn listens as I speak. “We will take their pride, their joy, their love. We will lay it all to ruin and, when they are at their lowest point, in their deepestdespair, they will have no choice but to beg me to release them from their pain. And, because I love them, I will” I say.

“And Star, what about her” “I know just what to do with her, if she takes my offer, then I will give it to her. If not, then I will take the one thing Klaus loves the most, and kill her”.