Chapter 28

Star

Klaus and I walked into the bayou to see kids throwing a ball and everyone doing something. A kid throws a ball and it slides over to where Klaus and I stand. Klaus stops it as the kid jogs over to get it. Klaus bends down and picks up the ball, looking at the kid with a smile before standing up and walking over to everyone as I follow behind. "I wonder if you lot can help me. I'm looking for the hybrid who calls herself your queen. I prefer you tell me where she is before I grow irritated. After all" Klaus looks at the kid and throws the ball to him with a smile before looking at everyone "there are children present".

We found out where Hayley and Jack may be at Jackson's grandma's house so we headed there. The older lady was standing in her kitchen, cutting an apple as her door was wide open. She stopped and turned to Klaus and I "what do you want" she asked "well, we could start with some common courtesy. You could invite us in" Klaus said looking at me before looking at her again. She laid her knife down "not likely, vampire" "I'm a hybrid, dear, half wolf" Klaus said. "You are, but she's not" she said nodding to me.

"Anyways you and I could be distant relatives, for all you know. Matter of fact, I'm looking for another of my kind. Rumor has it she's nearby" "what do you want with Hayley" the older lady asked? "I wish only to remind her of the importance of family, dissuade her from foolish mistakes" Klaus said. "Jackson is with her now, they can look out for each other. Why don't you just leave them alone" the lady asks? "Well, perhaps I should. Clearly, I can trust Jackson's selfish nature, willing as he is to marry Hayley and save her from the horrors of her current existence and in exchange for nothing more than an empowered werewolf pack to serve as his own personal army" Klaus said.

Klaus smiled "hmm, you know, on second thought, I think I'd like to congratulate the bride and groom. No doubt, they're close by tending to their prenuptial observances, and since you've been unable to help me find them. Well, I suppose I'll have to hunt them down myself, won't I" Klaus said before running off. I sighed as the lady looked at me "you have a way with him" she said, making me stop from running after him.

"In what way" I asked confused. "It's very easy to see that he has feelings for you, wants to protect you" she said and I couldn't help but smile. "You can control him" she finished "if I could control him, we wouldn't be here" I said. She smiled a little "you, I like, him, I hate" she said, her smile fading. I smiled and turned to leave "you and everyone else" I said before running off.

I found Klaus and could here Jackson and Hayley talking "that was my secret. Whatever yours is, if you don't want to tell me, then don't. Doesn't change a thing, least of all how I feel about you" Jackson said to Hayley. "Quite the romantic sentiment" Klaus said, making us known. Hayley and Jackson looked at us. "I wonder, however, if I might impose on this lovely tableau long enough to have a word with Hayley" Klaus asked? "It's ok, go ahead, I'll meet you back at Mary's" Hayley tells Jackson and he nods before leaving.

"Have you lost your mind? Are you seriously considering this preposterous truth-telling idiocy" Klaus asked, mad. "Actually, I'm kind of on the fence" Hayley aid "well, then allow me to make this simple for you. Under no circumstances will you divulge any family secrets, especially none that would endanger our child" Klaus said pointing to me and himself. "Except it's not that simple, Klaus. You saw what Finn did. He's growing more powerful by the day. Right now, he controls over half of the wolves, this marriage could change that" Hayley said.

"The outcome of your strategy is not worth the risk it imposes on my daughter" Klaus said. Hayley looked at me for help "as much as I hate to admit it, Klaus is right, Hayley this is crazy" I said. "Will you two think, we could have a whole army of super wolves who could protect Hope as one of their own" Hayley said, making Klaus more angry. "Hope doesn't need a wolf army I'll protect her myself, and an easy time I'll have of it, too, without you running off sharing secrets with every motley member of your werewolf brethren" Klaus said.