Chapter 23

Check out my video please.

Klaus

It has been said that all love begins and ends with she who gave us life. A thousand years ago, my mother turned us into monsters, yet still she claimed to love her children, even as she vowed to destroy us. The noble Elijah, tormented by long-buried, shameful secrets. Kol, the wily troublemaker, out for no one but himself. Finn, the devoted acolyte, his love all too easily walked by our mother's sick hate. Fierce Rebekah, willing to risk everything on the chance that she may one day find happiness. And me, the bastard child. My mother's greatest shame. Though she wished me a lifetime of misery I have someone who grants me one wish.

Star, the once human now joins my kind because of Mikael. Now, finally, we have defeated my mother, giving her the choice she never thought to give us nor Star. to live on as one of the monster's she created.

Star

Two days later Klaus had Davina make me a daylight ring. Even though I had just turned into a vampire I seemed to still have more control then most newborns. I was sitting in my room while Klaus walked in, holding a small box. "Did Davina finally finish the ring" I asked "I hate not being in the sun" I said with a sigh but excited. Klaus smiled and walked into my room, sitting on my bed.

"Well, I'm sorry it took so long but I had to find something" Klaus said and opened the small box revealing a gold ring. "My glass ring, but I never accepted it" I said confused. "I took the liberty of buying it for you" Klaus said and I smiled at him. I took out the gold ring and saw on one side it said the year I graduated and a drawing of a wolf. I laughed "I'm guessing you added this for your sake" I said and Klaus shrugged "I had to add something of me in it".

I turned it over to see my name with a picture of fangs with blood dripping off one tooth. I laughed again, making Klaus chuckle "and that is something new I added on" Klaus said. I smiled and looked at the purple diamond in the very middle "flip it over" Klaus said and I looked at him for a second before turning it over. On the back of the ring red "Don't Make Promises You Can't Keep" "sounds like me" I said with a smile.

I took a deep breath and slipped the ring on "are you sure this will work" I asked nervous. "Well this is Davina's first time" Klaus said standing up. He quickly opened my curtains, letting the sun in, making me jump. "Really, what if that didn't work" I asked "then you would be burning right now" Klaus said and I rolled my eyes at him, making him smile even more. "How would you like to go on a trip" "where" I asked excited.

"Well, I need to take Cami to the safe house, care to join me" Klaus asked, putting his hands behind his head as he smiles. My smile disappears "Klaus, I'm still a newborn, I don't have that much control" "you will be fine, I promise, you have more control then you think" Klaus says and I sighed but nodded okay. We picked up Cami and headed to Hayley, Elijah, and Hope. After picking up Cami we headed to the safe house while I sat in the back seat. Klaus told Cami about his mom and everyone "um, congratulations, I guess? But, right now, I'm a little more worried about Finn considering I totally stabbed him in the back" Cami says as we finally pull up to the safe house.

"He won't find you here. This is the safest place you could possibly be. Come on! There's someone I want you to meet" Klaus says with a smile as we all get out of the car and walk towards the house "I'd like to introduce you to the newest member of our family. The little troublemaker all the fuss has been about" Klaus says and the door opens, and Hayley comes out on the porch with Hope in her arms "Camille, this is Hope" I said to her.

Cami is absolutely stunned, and looks at Klaus and I confused and shocked "oh my god! But, you said, I thought she was" Cami said still confused. Klaus looked at Hope "the only way to truly protect her was to convince the world of her death" I said and Klaus smiled but looked at Cami, making his smile vanish "I hope you understand, once it is safe for you to leave here, this secret cannot leave with you". Cami looks happy and nods in understanding and smiles at her with tears in her eyes before she walks past him to see Hope for herself. Hope grabs her finger and coos at her, and both Cami and Hayley giggle.