Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Star

The food that had barely been touch sits in front of me as it seems like this night will be nothing but arguing. I have tried, many times to leave the table but nothing seems to work. “Why don't you say what you came here to say, so this wretched night can end” Klaus asks Esther? “It pains me that you and Elijah look at me with such disdain. I wish you could see that my every action has been to protect you” Esther says.

“You actually believe that, don't you? I knew you were a liar, but now I see you're utterly delusional” Klaus says. “If you can forget the hatred that you cling to and remember all the times I've mended and healed you” Esther says and Klaus laughs sarcastically. “Elijah, do you recall the day Niklaus challenged your father to a duel? Did I leave your brother to die alone? What did I say, when you came to me and asked me to help him” she says to Elijah, making me listen.

Elijah sighs “that you would rather die than to see any of your children suffer”. I look at Klaus who seems to remember the day “the necklace” Klaus says. “Yes, the necklace that your now girlfriend wares around her neck” Ester says and looks at me. “It was spelled to protect you Niklaus” Ester says to him. “It made me weak” Klaus says angry “I sought to protect you from yourself! If you had killed your father in that duel, or anyone else in the course of your life, you would have activated your curse” Esther says losing her temper as well.

“You ruined me, you left me to suffer at the hands of a father who valued only strength”. “I kept you from becoming a beast for as long as I possibly could” she says, mad. Klaus yells back at her “oh, you lied to me! To hide your own transgressions because of your own fear” he slams the table again and stands to his feet making me jump a little. “My whole life, I sought the approval I was denied by the man I thought was my father! You turned me into the weakling he hated”.

Elijah rises to his feet and paces anxiously, while Esther gulps and looks guilty. Klaus glares at her “look at me! You rant and you rave about the monster I have become, but you, Mother, you are the author of everything I am” Klaus yells as Finn and I stay silent, letting them fight until Esther looks flustered, and suddenly begins gasping for breath. Finn looks mildly alarmed as she faints and slumps over in her seat. Elijah manages to catch her before her head hits the table, and he looks at Klaus and I in shock.

“She's gone” Elijah said and looks at Finn before going to attack him but he uses his magic to push Elijah away, which throws him over the table and into the nearby wall. I quickly stand as Klaus run towards Finn and grabs him by the lapels “where is she” Klaus shouts as I reach under the table and pull out the gun I had tapped. Finn blows on his fingers and rubs them together making Klaus fall to the floor in pain before passing while Finn adjusts his jacket and looks around frantically.

I aim the gun at Finn, making him look at me with a small laugh “well, looks like it's only you and me” he said. Finn starts to take a couple steps towards me but I shoot his arm, making him quickly grab it and hiss in pain. “That was a warning shot” I say mad as Finn just smiles and flings his hand a little making me fly and hit my head against a wall, falling on a small table, making it brake. I look up at Finn as he just smiles and walks over to me “mother wants to have a talk with you” he said before I passed out.

Klaus

My eyes open and I stand up, as does Elijah as we look around “Star” I called but there is no answer. I look around and see that the side table was broken. I look at Cassie as she wakes up. “Where's our mother” I asked mad “where am I, what's happening” she asked, terrified. I grab Cassie in a choke-hold making her gasp for air and struggles against my grip. “Leave her, she's a puppet. Niklaus, look at her! She has absolutely no idea” Elijah says to me and I reluctantly lets go of her. Cassie becomes more confused “what are you talking about? Who are you” “shut up, stop talking right now: I yell making her stop.