Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Klaus

I walked down the stairs, fixing my shirt as Elijah walked out of one of the downstairs's room. “Where are you off too” Elijah asked me? “Well, I took your advice and I'm taking Star out on a date” I said with a smile. Elijah looked at me shocked “well, have fun”. I walked out of the house and headed to the bar that was a few miles away, Star was meeting me there. I walked into the bar, looking around to see Star sitting at one of the tables farther away from everyone else. She wore what she loved witch was a pair of light jeans, a red top, and her leather jacket that sat on her chair.

I smiled and walked over, making her look up at smile as I sat down in front of her. “I have to say, when you offered to take me out on a date, I was very surprised” Star said. “Well, I figured we both needed a brake from” “vampire's” Star finished making me roll my eyes at her. We ended up staying there for around two hours, talking and laughing before I got a text. I pulled out my phone “what, is that Elijah telling you that your other girlfriend is waiting at home” Star asked with a smile.

I checked my phone, making my smile fade “whats wrong” Star asked, noticing that my smile had faded. “Hayley texted me, she wants us to meet her at the Boyou” I told Star, putting my phone in my pocket and grabbing my jacket. Star stood up with a sigh “so much for a date with no vampires”. She put on her jacket and fallowed me out of the bar and towards the woods.

Star

We had been walking for awhile, not finding Hayley or anyone. “I still don't know why we're out here, what makes you think that she'll even help us” I asked Klaus? “We'll she won't have a choice” he said as we finally reached the Boyou. I looked around, as did Klaus, not finding much. “What are you doing here” I heard a voice and quickly turned around to see Hayley standing, watching Klaus and I. “Hayley” I said under my breath, revealed a little to see her here.

“We need your help, we need to talk to the wolves” I said “or at least what's left of them” I said turning away and moving my head to look around. “Why do you need our help” Hayley asked “well, we mostly just need them under control and your the only one that can keep them like that” I said, facing her. “What makes you say that, they won't listen to me” Hayley said. “They just haven't met the new you” Klaus said with a smile.

Hayley sighed loudly before starting to walk, nodding for us to fallow her. We had been walking for a half an hour and haven't found anyone yet. “I told you, this place is deserted” Hayley said. “No, their scent is fresh, they're hiding” Klaus said as we reached a camp site. Klaus searches through empty tents while I do the same. “Which means, somewhere nearby we will find the remnants of your pack” he finishes.

“And then what, it's not exactly like they're going to welcome us. If there's one thing these people hate more than vampires, it's hybrids and there's two of them and one hunter who can rip their head off” Hayley says making me smile a little. “What they hate is their lack of power. Hence the willingnness of their brethren to deal with that witch in exchange for rings! But, she hasn't gotten to your lot yet, so, we need to get to them first and ensure they align with us” Klaus says.

“Awesome, all we gotta do is find them” Hayley says sounding skeptical. “A task I leave to you” Klaus says and faces Hayley as we walk. Hayley looks at him confused “go on, you're a hybrid now, with heightened senses unlike anything under the sun, besides me” Klaus says smilig at the last part and facing me, making me roll my eyes as does Hayley. Hayley sniffs the air and looks like she smells something and closes her eyes for a moment to focus. Klaus watches in interest.

Hayley opens her eyes and frowns “this is stupid” Hayley says “I agree” I say but Klaus ignores me. “Your people need a leader, you are their queen” Klaus says making me a little jealous. He gestures toward an overturned chair that looks like a man's jacket lays on it. Hayley rolls her eyes and reluctantly sniffs the sleeve to get a scent “concentrate” Klaus says. Hayley follows the scent and eventually finds the direction in which it leads. She starts walking toward it, and Klaus smiles proudly before starting to fallow her.

“Great” I whisper to myself before starting to walk and fallow them. After a few minuets we spotted the wolves and watched them from the woods. Oliver and the rest of the Crescents are gathering up their belongings. “So, Jackson is MIA and Oliver seems to think he's the alpha. They're not going to listen to me” Hayley says “the mark on your shoulder did not disappear when you became a hybrid. Go on, talk to them” Klaus said while I leaned on a tree not to far away from them.

Hayley slowly makes her way toward the group of Crescents, as Klaus follows behind her. They all turn to face her and defensively form a circle around them. “What the hell do you three want” Oliver asked. “Hold your tongue, or I'll tear it from your gaping mouth” Klaus said. I roll my eyes at him as Hayley shoots him a look. “We didn't come here to fight, Oliver. Our pack has been divided by people who want us to be their slaves. What we need right now is a leader. Someone who will reunite us and make us strong again. Someone who will fight for our pack. If you let me, I can be that person” Hayley says.

“You think we can trust you, you're not one of us, hell, you're not even a wolf, you're a blood- sucking vampire parasite” Oliver says as Klaus rolls his eyes dramatically. “You want to say that again and see what happens, Oliver” Hayley asked mad. “You tough girl, you're gonna attack me? In front of all them? You'll just give them another reason to say yes to Cassie and her moonlight rings. Yeah, they would rather follow a witch than you, me? Hell, I'd rather die than follow you” Oliver says.

Klaus runs over to Oliver and knocks him flat on his back and stomps on his chest with his boot. “Well, at least you didn't drag this out” Klaus says “hey, let him go, Klaus” Hayley says. “You need to learn about the art of politics, love. You gain support by killing your detractors” Klaus say. “They may not like me very much, but these people, including Oliver, are my family. Let him go, now” Hayley says.

Klaus didn't move “Klaus” I say crossing my arms making him quickly glance at me before releasing Oliver. “You see, there's your queen. Powerful, fearless, and, unlike me, merciful” Klaus says to everyone, referring to Hayley. He turns to her “these people need to show you more respect. How you handle them now is up to you” Klaus says before walking past Hayley and over to me. “Where are you going” Hayley asks?

“First, I'm going to finish my date with the girl I love, then I'm going to find the witch. Seems I need to educate her as to what she may or may not do in my city” Klaus says before walking again, walking past me, making me fallow.