Chapter 12

Chapter 12

 Star

Klaus and I where about to head home when Cami called us "Klaus, Star". Klaus sighed as we walked back over to the cabin. I walked into the cabin while Klaus stood in the doorway since he wasn't invited in. Cami and the kid are checking on Davina, who is still unconsciouswhile Klaus watches from the doorway with the white oak stake in his hand. "We should get her to a hospital" Cami says worried "oh, hello darling. Back to huff and puff and blow the house down" the kid said to Klaus.

"You know, it's funny how often a person's sharp tongue can end up cutting their own throat" Klaus says unamused. "Klaus, he's just a kid, give him a break" I say "yeah, she's right. You know, you may want to try a bit of lavender under your pillow. Does wonders for stuck-up pillocks with anger issues" the kid say. "Hey, shut up, now who the hell are you" I asked "I'm Kaleb" Kaleb said with a smile to me. "I promised not to kill Davina, I said nothing of this insolent sod" Klaus said to Cami.

Kaleb smirks at Klaus while I sigh and lead Klaus outside. "Klaus, come on" Cami said and pulled him onto the porch "a minute ago, you had the opportunity to kill your father with this thing, and you didn't. You're not going to kill this kid with it, either" Cami said. Klaus looks into the cabin, where Kaleb is still tending to Davina. Klaus sighs "fine" "thank you" Cami says and Klaus nods for me to come over to him. I walk over to him as he reluctantly hands me the stake and the keys "go get the car, let's take her to hospital" Klaus said.

Cami smiles at Klaus as I leave and go to the car.

Klaus

Cami walks back into the cabin and goes into the kitchen while I walk back into the cabin, looking at the one called Kaleb "you've got a way with words" I say to him. "Well, I've traveled" he says and stands up, walking over to me. "You seem to have crossed continents to weasel your way into Davina's good graces, thereby meddling in my family business" I smile. "Strange, isn't it" I say as Kaleb smirks, but says nothing.

"Unless it's your family business. You know, ever since my mother and Finn, I was wondering when you might make an appearance, Kol" I say. Kol laughs and bows dramatically "then the jig is up, hello, brother". I smile "it's not that I begrudge you hitching a ride back to the land of the living. It's just that you're making all the wrong friends, brother. And I have half a mind to show you how wrong you are" I say.

"But you're not going to do that, are you? Because your little girlfriend told you to leave me alone" Kol whispered, making me chuckle "I'm curious, does she take one of those little baggies out when she takes you for a walk". I am at this point annoyed and raise my voice "Star, I change my mind, I am going to kill him after all" I say. Kol smirks when Star doesn't respond. I start to get worried and walk towards the car "Star" I call again.

I walk to the driveway, where I find the driver's side door of my SUV open, its window smeared with blood. Furious, I rush around to the trunk, which is open and empty. Mikael took Star.

Star

Mikael is dragging me through the woods near the Bayou "Klaus will find you" I say trying to hide my fear. "Oh, he will, but, I will be ready" Mikael says "how? I've seen the kind of pain that blade causes, bet your very uncomfortable" I said. Mikael stops and grips onto me tighter "I'd watch what you saw around me". He starts to walk again "I have fought more pain than anyone, living or dead. But once I feed, I shall be restored" he says.

I look at Mikael before kneeing him in the gut ad start to run but he easily grabs me "oh no, not you, you, my dear, are leverage. Once I threaten to dismember you in front of him, Klaus will hesitate. And, in that moment of weakness, I shall end him" Mikael says "this is crazy! The two of you, going round and round trying to kill each other? You're obsessing over the death of someone whose fatal flaw is that he was fathered by another guy" I say.

Mikael does not answer, but stops "I hear music and, where there's music, there's food. He drags me farther through the woods, where we come upon a group of several dozen people, all of whom are wearing various Halloween masks and partying around a large bonfire. Mikael grabs me by the head and forces me to look at them "well, well, well, well, what have we here? Hillbilly Halloween, perfect" he says and drags me towards the crowd as I struggle against his grip.

Klaus

I'm still walking in the woods as I stop and see some blood smeared on a nearby tree and follow it. I walk a little ways until I stop and see a group of kids standing completely still and silent in their masks, compelled by Mikael. "Did you honestly think to hold me with a blade forged from pain" one guy says. "Unlike the weak, unlike you, I gain strength from pain" another guy says. "Soon, you will know the taste of white-oak as it pierces your heart" another guy says.

"It's very clever, Mikael! Compelling the locals to say to my face what you dare not? Enjoy the theatrics! They only delay the inevitable" I say amused before a guy attacks me, but I easily disarm and kill him. The other compelled guests quickly follow, and I quickly and easily kill them all. Daylight roles around and I am feeding on a body before letting him drop to the ground, dead.

Someone moves behind me, a guy is still alive and tries to attack me, but I easily take his weapon and hit him on the head, knocking him out. Suddenly, my phone rings, and I reluctantly answers it. "Uh, I'm a tad busy, what is it, Hayley" I say panting a little "something has happened to Elijah. He was supposed to be our decoy last night, and now he's vanished. There's blood everywhere, werewolf and vampire. There's a trail. I need you to help us track it" Hayley says.

"Well, as much as I might like to help you find my brother, I have more pressing matters as the moment" I say. A guy tries to crawl toward me, so I kick him in the face, knocking him backward. "What's more important than your own brother" Hayley asks, frustrated, "my life? Davina had Mikael on a magical leash, and it broke. Now Mikael has Tunde's blade, the white oak stake, and Star which I do not think he will play nice with her since she is the one that stabbed him. I'm gonna get her back and then, I'm gonna end this. Either Mikael or I will be ash by day's end. And, if you do find my brother, please, tell him I could do with a hand" I say before hanging up the phone.