Chapter 55

Star

Marcel is walking down the stairs in his loft while he talks on the phone with Elijah, who is still at the compound. "If you find Klaus or Star, keep your distance. Call me, I'll handle it" Marcel says and hangs up the phone, not noticing until it's too late that Klaus and I are waiting for him in the living room and has overheard his conversation. "Sound advice" Klaus says and Marcel shakes his head and chuckles bitterly at this bad luck "although, I do wonder" Klaus starts and stands to his feet, and Marcel holds up his hands in a non-threatening gesture. "Hey" Marcel said "how exactly would you handle us"?

"Now, before you get angry" Marcel started and I pinned him to a wall, cutting him off while Klaus smiles in amusement. Marcel groans "we're well past angry, Marcellus, I'm mad with rage and Star here has her emotions turned off thanks to Dahlia. But, today is your lucky day, because we're not gonna kill you. Now, I need something from you" Klaus said. "What are you going to do, torture it out of me" Marcel choked out and I smirked "he won't, but I will" I said before snapping his neck and letting his body roll to the ground.

Klaus and I look down at Marcel's unconscious body, Dahlia appears in the doorway and crosses her arms as she looks at us curiously. "You tie him up, I'm getting a drink" I told Klaus and poured myself a drink. Marcel wakes up shortly after and is bounded with ropes and hanging from the ceiling. Behind him, one of his vampires lays unconscious, her body propped up against the wall, where her blood is splattered all over it. "Wakey, wakey" Klaus said.

Marcel realizes that he's been hung upside down with his abdomen exposed so that we can torture him. "I was getting bored, but then some of your associates popped by to keep me entertained" Klaus said. Dahlia sighs impatiently and plops down on one of Marcel's bar stools while I look up at a bloody knife. Marcel's arms have long cuts down the sides. "Keep them out of it" Marcel said mad "to late" I said with a shrug and Marcel swung over to me.

"Easy, easy! You've suffered a substantial amount of blood loss, I had to excise the vervain from your system. I can't have you impervious to my compulsion, now, can I" Klaus says and turns to walk away. I quickly stab Marcel in the side with the knife, and Marcel groans in agony. Klaus finds Gia laying unconscious on the couch, having also been bled of vervain. He suddenly gets an idea "hello, pretty! I think you're gonna come in rather useful later on" Klaus said with a smile.

"You've got what you came for. Just kill them and be done with it" Dahlia says "with respect, dear Aunt Dahlia, this is all part of my plan! My family, powerful though they may be, are bound by love. Vows of friendship and nauseating romantic entanglements" Klaus says. "Watch it" I said glaring at him and Klaus smiled "all of which I intend to use against them" Klaus finishes. Dahlia, understanding where he's going with this, smiles at us. "Marcellus will help turn the tide, mark my words! At days end, they will be laid low, and our daughter will be safe, with us" Klaus says standing next to me.

Marcel struggles as hard as he can to free himself of the ropes binding his wrists, arms, and ankles, but no matter how hard he tries, he can't break them. "Come now, we have work to do" Klaus says and we all head to the Compound. Klaus and I had a plan going and Klaus had compelled Marcel to get Rebekah and I was in charge of Gia. Everyone was planing something against us and Dahlia went to talk to Freya. Once they were done talking Elijah vamp-speeds into the courtyard, with Mikael's knife in hand, but before he can reach Dahlia, Klaus tackles him and forces him to drop the blade.

"And so the wheel of betrayal circles 'round once more" Klaus says furious. Klaus pulls Elijah up to his feet and throws him up against the wall, causing Elijah to crack the wall before he falls down on the balcony overlooking the courtyard. Dahlia and Freya rise to their feet, and Dahlia looks at her niece contemptuously. "You treacherous little shrew" Dahlia sneers and uses her telekinesis to forcefully shove Freya backwards into the entrance hall.