Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Star

We've reached and abandoned building and Mikael drags me "you know, you will die by the end of the night" I say and get thrown onto the floor, making me slide a little. "I used to try to convince Klaus that there was good in everyone, that you really did care about him, deep inside, once. Looks like I was wrong" I say. "I didn't always hate him, when Klaus was born, I was overjoyed. I thought, "This one, this one has the eyes of a warrior. He will be worthy "but, my hope was short-lived. And, when I found out that he wasn't really my son, my relief was glorious, but, that passed with the knowledge that he was begat of a beast" Mikael said.

"So you hate him, why, because better then you ever will be" I asked, raising my voice a little as I stood up. "I'd watch your tongue girl" Mikael said angry. "Everything that followed was because of Niklaus' obsession with the wolves! He ventured out to watch them turn under the full moon, and he took my youngest son, Henrik. He was but a child, and he was torn apart" "it was an accident" I say. "Do you call your parents death an accident" Mikael yells.

"No, but I know now that he was only trying to protect me" "he murdered my wife, his own mother" Mikael yelled at me. "Yeah, because she deserve to die, just like you" I said, whispering the last part. Mikael grabbed me by the throat, hard "actually, my dear, since, my wound does not appear to be healing, what I could do with right now is some food". "You, you said you wouldn't" I said, scared "yes, I did, didn't I? And although the blood of a full belly makes for good fodder in times of need, even the devil eats flies" Mikael said before biting down on my neck, making me scream in pain and terror.

Klaus

I'm still looking around for Mikael and Star, but stop when I see a rock soaked with blood outside an abandoned building. I frown and touch it, realizing its Star's. I see a shovel nearby and break it in half before entering the building, where Mikael is holding Star at knife point. Star's body looks weak as I see where Mikael had bit her neck, showing the blood that is smeared across her neck. My mouth parts a little, but I soon pull myself together and look at Mikael in anger.

I point my handmade stake at Mikael "you're gonna pay for hurting her". Mikael carelessly lets go of Star and drops her to the floor, not moving, making me worried. "Aw, how sweet, the cur whines for its bitch" Mikael says while holding the Papa Tunde's blade in one hand, and the white oak stake in the other. "I'll be sure to drain the rest of her right in front of your eyes, just before you burn" he says with a smile. Furious, I leap a dozen feet into the air and lunge at him with the makeshift stake. I tackle Mikael, but we both quickly rise to their feet in defensive positions.

Mikael pins me against the wall, and is struggling to stake me in the chest. Just as he's about to stake me I knee Mikael in the gut and start to fight again. I tackle him, and we bust through a concrete and brick wall into the next room.

Star

I open my eyes a little and see Mikael and Klaus fighting. He's here, he found me. I gain my strength back a little and struggle to stand up while Mikael and Klaus continue to fight. I stand up weakly, just as Klaus kicks Mikael to the floor, he then straddles Mikael and though he tries to stake Klaus while he's down, Klaus easily turns the stake on him, and musters up all his energy to break his grip to kill him. "Not as weak as you remember, am I" Klaus says with a hint of a smile.

Klaus breaks the stake out of his grip and goes to stake him, but Mikael throws Tunde's blade at me, forcing Klaus to vamp-speed toward me and catch it before it stabs me in the face. I gasp a little, surprised and scared a little. Suddenly I look past Klaus to see Mikael steal the stake back. Klaus turns around just to get stabbed in the chest with the white oak stake. Mikael smirks as Klaus shrieks in pain and falls to the floor. "No" I yell as I see Klaus' face begin to desiccate.

"No, no, Klaus" I yell, trying to stand up as my eyes begin to water. Mikael pushes me back, making me fall back on the ground a roll. Mikael stares at Klaus' body, but becomes concerned when nothing happens. "Why aren't you burning, if you were dead, it would burn. Burn" Mikael says as I look at Klaus in shocked but still crying. Mikael walks outside as I quickly crawl over to Klaus' body and stare at the stake in his chest. I grab the stake and pull a little, but it barely moves as I realize I'm weaker then I feel.

"Come on, come on" I say as I pull again with everything I have and pull the stake out. I start to see the color come back and I smile a little, just to have it gone when I see Mikael walk in. "What do you think you're doing" he asked, angry as I stand up and hold the stake in front of her. "Stay the hell away from us or I swear to God, I'll kill you myself" I said angry. "You have a warrior's heart, perhaps I'll keep it as a souvenir" Mikael says and grabs me by the neck, tossing me across the room, making me fall onto some old boards, braking them.

Mikael walks towards me just as Marcel appears out of nowhere and pulls him away. He starts hitting Mikael over and over so quickly that he's too disoriented to fight back right away. Mikael eventually knocks Marcel flat on his back and grabs Klaus' makeshift stake to point it at Marcel's heart. "Now, enough, this night has been a long parade of fools. I'll enjoy killing every last one of you" Mikael yells in anger as I stand up. Suddenly, Hayley arrives and throws a chain around Mikael's neck and yanks on it so hard it knocks him off of his feet.

"Yeah, I wouldn't bet on it" Hayley says before hitting him in the face with the chain, and Klaus jumps to his feet. Hayley and Marcel rush over to him, and they're eventually joined by Davina. They all stand in tableau and smirk at him "it's over, Mikael. You're outnumbered. Are you going to beg for your miserable life" Klaus asks with a smile. Mikael only laughs "you think having people makes you strong? It proves how weak you are" Mikael says and I hold my hand behind my back just as Mikael vamp-speeds over to me, grabbing me throat and holding me in front of him.

"And this girl, just proves it" Mikael says "you know Mikael, your predictable" I say and quickly bring my hand out form behind my back and stab him right below the heart, causing him to push me aside before running off. Klaus runs over to me and looks at me and sighs with relief. Marcel goes outside to Davina and her friend while Klaus helps me sit on some old wood. Klaus moves my head and looks at the bite mark on my neck. I feel weak and tired but try and stay strong even though I know it's not to convincing.

I look down and notice the stab wound in Klaus' chest still hasn't healed yet. I touch the wound, causing Klaus to wince and take my hand. "You pulled the stake out in the nick of time. A moment longer, and I would have been done for" Klaus says, sounding grateful. It's the least I could do, for how many times you saved my life, I wished I would have fought back harder" I say, mostly to myself. "No, he hurt you and for that alone, I will kill him" Klaus says and I just look at his eyes.

Klaus gently touches the bite marks again "you know, in a thousand years, I think it's the first time I've seen him run. You must have really scared him" Klaus says with a smile, making me chuckle. "I wouldn't quiet say that" I say as Hayley approaches with Marcel "he knew he was outmatched" Hayley says. "We checked the perimeter, and he's definitely gone" Marcel says. Klaus sighs "I appreciate your assistance" Klaus says, causing Marcel to look a little surprised that Klaus thanked them.

Marcel smiles "well, hey, you die, I die, just call me selfish" he says. "Yeah, you die, a lot of people die. But, Klaus, we have another problem" Hayley says "really, doesn't surprise me" I say statistically. "Well, you guys can do what ever the hell you want to do" I say with a sigh as I stand up. "Because I'm going to go home, take a shower and sleep for nine hours" I say and take a step, falling to my knees but Klaus grabs me and helps me up. "Maybe 10" I say and Klaus picks me up bridaly "I'm taking her home, then tomorrow, we'll find my family and kill them.