Chapter 42

Star

Esther is still processing the revelation that Freya is still alive. Esther walks toward Freya with her arms out "my beautiful girl. My first born" Esther says with a smile and Freya furiously pulls on her manacles "touch me, and I will use these chains to strangle you". I grab onto Freya and sigh "yes, now that we have the pleasantries out the way, let's begin, shall we" Klaus says. Esther scowls at him "it appears that your delightful sister Dahlia is on her way to New Orleans, hell-bent on stealing our child. I need Rebekah back in her original body so she can help me destroy her" Klaus says.

Esther looks overwhelmed with shock and horror "your child" she asks? Klaus rolls his eyes "oh, I suppose it is difficult keeping up on current events whilst rotting inside a tomb, very well. The short version, Star and my's child is alive, Dahlia is on her way. Now, the previous tenant of Rebekah's body has seized control and isn't keen on giving it up. Young Freya here, although powerful, lacks the spell to put Rebekah back in her true body. And that's where you come in" Klaus says. "Also I am now a vampire" I said and vamp-run over to her, grabbing her neck.

"And guess who was the lucky man that did it" I said with a smile. Klaus put a hand on my shoulder to stop me and I hesitantly let Esther go. Esther looks at me shocked before noticing the ring on my hand. She looks at Klaus and I before smiling slightly "that's why you two have stuck so close to each other, your married. I thought I'd never see the day" Esther said shocked but happy.

Klaus sighs and lunges toward Esther and grabs her by the shoulders as he looks her in the eyes. "I need you to be a dear and dig deep into that ex-witch mind of yours" Klaus says and pulls out a folded stack of blank paper from his inner jacket pocket and hands it to her. "Give me the spell that puts Rebekah back" he says and Esther glares at Klaus, who simply smiles at her.

Esther walks over to a table and writes the spell Freya needs on a sheet of paper, using diagrams of triangles and other shapes to describe what needs to be done, while we wait impatiently. "What is taking so long, you didn't tarry when you attempted to kill our child" Klaus says impatient. Esther looks hurt "I took no joy in that! I knew if your daughter lived, Dahlia would come, not only for her, but for all of you! And however you may despise me, I would not wish that upon you" Esther said.

"How touching" Klaus says "isn't it? I always wondered what maternal compassion sounded like. Of course, I wouldn't know, since you sold me into slavery at the age of five" Freya says bitterly. "When I made that bargain with my sister, I had no idea what it meant to be a mother! I thought if I had a dozen children, I would not miss the one. And then, you were born. You were beautiful. You had a light about you that put a smile on the face of the hardest man I had ever known" Esther says.

Klaus seems almost surprised by this statement "and when Dahlia took you, I thought that same light might warm her embittered heart. That you might lead a good life" Esther says and Freya looks at her mad. "a good life" she asks mad and takes a step foreword to Esther. I took a step closer to make sure Esther wouldn't do anything. "You were my mother, you should have come for me" she yelled. Esther nods sadly "yes, I should have. But, it would have been a mistake" Esther says and turns to Klaus and I "the same mistake you will be making if you let this girl help you".

"What are you talking about" I asked confused and Esther walks towards Klaus and I "the light I saw in Freya as a child, it's gone. While she was mine for five years, Dahlia was her mentor for a thousand. And, like her mentor, she will offer to solve your problem, but for a price" Esther says. I look at Freya who looks at her mad. Freya lunges for Esther, but Klaus steps between them and pushes her backward away from their mother while I stand in front of Esther.

"No violence until she's finished writing the spell, please" Klaus says and turns to Esther. "Honestly, it's all temper and no timing with this one. I, for one, am glad you gave her away so that I could be born. You should think of me as an upgrade" Klaus says while I watch him. I look at Freya "go look at the spell" I tell her and she looks at me mad "please" I said and she sighs before looking over the spell. She starts to look concerned as we all stare at her.

"I can't do this, this spell requires an enormous amount of power" Freya said "which you have" Esther says to her. "And that power needs to be anchored, or I'll be lost inside Eva's mind along with Rebekah. Unlike your magic, mine isn't anchored to any one place, because of you, I have no home" Freya says mad. Esther turns to us "but, there is no other spell" Esther says. Klaus looks torn, and doesn't seem to want to trust either of them. Freya looks at me "you" she said and I look at her confused "I can use you as my anchor" Freya said.

"How" I asked confused "easy, you, right now are the closes thing to a friend I have" Freya started and Klaus looked at me confused and a bit mad. "You have Klaus's blood in you and your vampire. I can use that" Freya said "I'll channel you while I breach Eva's mind" Freya said. "No" Klaus said mad "and there it is, the price. If she channels you, she will have access to your mind, past and present. She will know everything about you" Esther said to me as I thought. "Everything" I asked and Esther nods as Klaus looks at us, not believing this.

"Are you crazy" Klaus said standing in front of me "Klaus, whatever this is, nothing can prevent us from saving Rebekah" I said. Klaus looks at me in dissbalief as I lay my hand on his cheek and give him a small kiss before snapping his neck. I look at Esther and Freya who look at me shocked. "I have a lot of anger with Klaus" I said and Freya yanks her arms away from her body, easily breaking through the magic-proof shackles and allowing her access to her magic again.

"Let's go" Freya said and I looked at Esther who looks worried before leaving.

Sorry these chapters arn't my best work. I didn't have a whole lot of ideas for this eisode but next episode looks amazing.