Chapter 45

Star

"Concentrate" Freya said to me as we stood in an abandon house and I was focusing on a chair. "It's not working" I say with a sigh "because you only have half my powers" Freya said to me as she leaned on a near-by wall. "This is ridiculous, I'm never going to be able to learn how to use magic before Dahlia strikes" I said. "Your going to need to learn because when your a witch you can't be a vampire" Freya said to me and I sighed before nodding and focusing on the chair again.

Suddenly the chair burst into flames and I smiled wide "wow, good job" she said and looked at me with a smile. "Not take the flames away" she said and I held out my hand, making the fire dye down to nothing. I smiled wide and heard my phone go off in my jeans and looked at it to see a text from Klaus. "I got to go" I told Freya and she sighed "we need to practice more" "we will, we will, but right now I have to go meet with Klaus" I told her and put my phone in my pocket.

"Fine" Freya said and held out her hand, chanting something before stopping. "There, the magic is out of your system" she said "thank you" I told her and grabbed my jean jacket and slipped it on over my nice, flowing, white shirt before heading out. Klaus wanted me to meet with him and Davina behind one of the buildings to help create a weapon to kill Dahlia. I headed off to this secluded alley, where Davina is setting up for a spell by pouring salt onto the cement in the shape of magical signs. "Hello Star" Klaus says and turns to face me with a smile.

Davina looks up and looks at me "so, we finally found something that can actually kill this witch" I said walking up to them and putting my hands on my hips. "Hey" Davina said "no offense Davina" I said and she sighs. "This is it, one last favor, and if you don't give me his ashes, I swear, I will" Davina starts, talking about Kol's ashes. "Davina, whatever you may think of me, I am a man of my word" Klaus says with a small smile and everyone glares at him. "Actually, he's a liar, a beast, and a degenerate, but in this exceptional instance, he may be of some use" I heard an all to familiar voice say and my smile disappeared.

I turned around and saw Mikael, looking at us with a smile on his face. I quickly vamp-sped over to him and pinned him to a near-by wall. "Give me one reason why I shouldn't kill you where you stand" I yelled in his face as anger rose threw my body. "Why are you here" I yelled again. "To answer your first question" Mikael said and spun us around so he was pinning me to the wall, pushing my body hard against the wall. "I'm much stronger and I'm here to help" Mikael said.

"Alright, enough" Klaus said to us "I see you still have Klaus fighting your own battles" Klaus said. "Let me go and we'll see who fights who" I said mad "enough" Klaus said and laid a hand on both Mikael's and my shoulder. Mikael let me go and took a few steps back while Klaus stood in front of me, but my eyes staid glued to Mikael's as anger was clearly shown threw mine. "He has the ingredients for the spell, put away your anger until afterwords. Then by all means, kill him any way you wish, but for now, leave him be" Klaus says.

I look at Klaus and sigh before looking at the ground and nodding. "Dahlia's minion remains within St. Anne's Church" Mikael said to us "clearly, it's a trap" Klaus said, turning to him. "Of course it's a trap, and how good is it that we bring surprises of our own" Mikael asked? Mikael and Klaus smirk at each other, and Davina becomes even" Davina asks "absolutely not! We merely aligned out of necessity for the purpose we both enjoy the most, glorious murder" Klaus said and I laugh slightly "no kidding" I crossed my arms. "In fact, you'll be helping" Klaus says "you said you needed a binding spell" Davina said.

"And here, my lovely little witch, is what you will bind" Mikael says and pulls two full leather pouches and a bottle of blood out of his pockets and hands them to her one at a time. "Soil from Dahlia's homeland, that which links her to this mortal coil. Along with Viking ash, that of her oppressors, the source of her immense hatred. And finally, blood of her adopted child, my beloved daughter Freya, the closest thing to love that miserable witch has ever known" Mikael says.

Davina sets all three items in one of the small circles she has made out of salt and examines them for a moment. "All the sources of her power bound together create a weakness. So, what do you want me to do" Davina asked confused "bind those ingredients to a weapon" I said. "Well, am I supposed to go to the toy store and get a slingshot" Davina asked? I pull a knife from my back pocket and hand it to her "use this" I said and Klaus looks at me. "You just wouldn't be you if you didn't have a knife, would you" he asked with a smile.

I smile back at him "do this favor, help us end this evil witch's reign, and I will live up to my end of our bargain. I swear it on my daughter and my wife's life" Klaus said and Davina sighs "I hope you know what you're doing" she says and Mikael, Klaus, and I started to walk away, but Mikael stops us. "Wife" he asks Klaus confused and surprised "yes" I said stepping in front of Klaus so I was looking at Mikael "wife, I guess I have you to thank for that. But I'd rather eat dirt" I said and started to walk away from the two.

"You've got to love her fire" Klaus says to Mikael and I can hear the smile and him trying not to laugh. I walked into the woods to grab something to eat and found someone walking threw the woods so I fed and compelled him. I slowly walked threw the woods, just enjoying my surroundings. I heard something behind me and turned around slowly, seeing a girl standing, looking at me. "Hello" I said confused "I'm coming" the girl said and I froze "Dahlia" I said.

The girl smiled and raised her hand, smiling a little before chanting something. Suddenly a ring of fire rose around me and crept closer as I looked around worried and scared. I tried to move but my legs wouldn't move "please, stop" I yelled as the fire grew bigger, making me cover my face a little as the fire crept closer and closer. "Stop" I yelled at the girl and suddenly the fire stopped moving and started to dye down. I looked around me at the fire as it went down.

I looked at the girl and she looked at me until the fire was gone and raised her hand, throwing me against a tree. I hit my back against the tree and I watched as the girl walked away/ I quickly stood up and ran to find Freya. I found her walking down the street, looking scared. "Freya" I called to her as she looked up "we have a problem" I said "Dahlia, I saw her, she was here" Freya said scared.

"Wait you saw her" I asked and Freya nodded "she just tried to attack me threw one of these witches" I said. "Freya, remember how I said there was a time that would need o give me all of you magic" I said and she nodded. "Now's the time" I said and Freya sighed before nodding and grabbed my hand, taking my wedding ring off. "What are you doing" I asked confused.

"Your going to need a way to turn back into a vampire" Freya said and focused on the ring, chanting some things before handing me the ring. "Every time you put this on, my powers will be yours and you won't be a vampire, but when you take it off you will be" Freya said. I looked at the wedding ring before slipping it on my finger. I felt this pain in my heart that made me grab where my heart was and fall to my knees. Suddenly I felt alive again and could feel the magic flowing threw my veins. I wasn't a vampire or a hunter. I was a witch.

What do you think of Star being a witch?