Comeback pt.2

"T-taehyung? Is that really you?" You ask, surprised at the fact that he suddenly appeared out of nowhere.

He looks back at you with an irritated expression, then glances behind you to see Jungkook. Both men were equally annoyed, although both with different meanings.

"Hey, I know you." Jungkook says. "You're the guy I saw once in the coffee shop. You're FRIENDS with Y/N, am I right?"

"I could say the same thing about you. Your her boss, am I right?" Taehyung abruptly replies.

You furrow your eyebrows while observing these two, and it was evident that the tension was thick.

Even if there was loud music coming from the inside of the house, the silence between the three of you was suffocating. As if nothig else could be heard.

"If you'll excuse us," Taehyung finally says. "I would like to have a moment with Y/N." He was gritting his teeth in obvious anger, giving Jungkook no choice but to oblige.

"...Fine." He says, and walks further away.

Taehyung holds your wrist and pulls you again, but both his and Jungkook's attitude was frustrating you.

You pull your wrist away in anger, and you glare at Taehyung. "What's wrong with you two?!" You shout, feeling your head going hot.

"I'm not some toy you guys can fight over with, and what was that even for?" You say, pointing back to Jungkook.

"You come back here, all of a sudden without any warning just to fight with him?" You huff. "What's your problem?"

"My problem?!" Taehyung suddenly bursts, catching you by surprise. "My problem?! Ha! Imagine how I feel! I come back here to visit you, and then all I see is that you're about to smooch that guy!"

You're gaze softens, and an idea overcomes you. Was Taehyung jealous? Or were you just overthinking it? Maybe it was because he was overprotective, he is your angel.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Taehyung says, his tone lowering down.

"Tell you what?"

"That you like him."

"I—" You locked your lips, not knowing what else to say.

But unknown to you, Taehyung knew how you felt already. In fact, the whole time he was away, he was aware of the things happening. He knew about the attack, the tines you stayed in Jungkook's house, and why you were here in the party, not at home. That's how he suddenly appeared, he knew where you were.

But the thought didn't dawn on you, so you asked no questions as to how he got here.

"How was I supposed to tell you? I didn't know where you were, what you were doing, heck. Do you know how many nights I couldn't sleep because...." I missed you. You wanted to say. But you had to choose your words carefully. "...because I was worried?"

Taehyung furrowed his eyebrows. You were worried about him. You were right. He never gave a signal, he didn't tell you how long exactly he would be gone.

And worst of all, you got hurt because he wasn't there to protect you. And he felt guilty as if everything was his fault.

"I'm sorry..." Taehyung apologized, looking down on the floor apologetically. "I didn't mean for you to get worried. It's just...I couldn't do anything under Father's orders."

"Father?" You ask curiously.

"Yeah, you know. God."

"Ah.."