I thought wrong

For the past month, you have been struggling with the loss of a close friend. However, it has been bearable enough with the help of Jungkook, and merely the presence of Joy and Jisoo helped you a lot.

Right now, you were seated on a comfortable chair in a newly opened cafe, right in the heart of the city.

It was pretty, the beige aesthetic added to the calmness of the cold weather. You sipped your coffee, taking in a deep breath. As you quietly observed the people walking in the busy streets today, you noticed a familiar face causing you to do squint your eyes.

It was impossible. Your mind was probably making you hallucinate.

His side profile could never be mistakened. So, because of your curiosity, you decided to stand up and exit the cafe.

He was a few meters away from you, and you did your best to catch up with the man who was talking to someone through the phone.

Weirdly enough, you didn't think he would know how to use a phone, or even buy one after his disappearance. But none of that crossed your mind. Only one thing remained, it's to see if this man really was him.

You were so close, and as you reached for his shoulder, the man faces you. You look at him with wide eyes....however it wasn't the man you were anticipating to see.

He wasn't Taehyung.

"Yes...?" The good looking man wonders, giving you a confused look. You stutter and try to tell him, but your disappointment made you fail to do so.

He was almost as good looking as Taehyung.....almost.

"I-sorry. I thought I knew you...." You say, retreating back to the cafe. You should have known better....he wasn't coming back, whether you liked it or not.

You opened the cafe door and headed back to your chair, to see that Jungkook was just about to reach the table the two of you were supposed to be seated on.

He looks at the empty table in confusion, and looks around looking for you, all the while holding a tray with desserts.

His wide eyes softened as his gaze met yours, and you slightly smile at his cuteness.

You sat down on the chair as he placed the plates on the table, and he sat down across you. "You scared me....I thought you just left me all of a sudden." Jungkook states, causing you to chuckle.

A long silence assumed between the both of you, and Jungkook looked at you. Seeing your state, he could sense something was wrong.

"....I thought I saw Taehyung..." You tell him, and you shake your head. "But I should have known better."

Smiling at the man in front of you, you grab the fork he was holding and took a bite of the cake.

"Hey....that's not bad." You comment, distracting your thoughts. Jungkook's look of worry was replaced with a smile of his own, and he takes another fork from the tray.

"But you didn't have to take my fork." He jokingly says, and the two of you continued to eat together.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

A/N : The chapters are getting shorter cause this story is about to eeeeeenddddd oml