The Real Ghostbusters (Part 3)

On their way to the bar, the Winchesters ran into two L.A.R.P.ers dressed as them acting out the time Dean told Sam bout their father warning Dean to kill his younger brothers. The awkward situation only compelled them to drink even more.

Dean downed shot after shot, hitting on a woman dressed up as a ghost while Sam slowly sipped his beer. Maia sat off to the side in one of the cushioned chairs. She stared at the convention goers, sadness and misery in her green eyes.

"Hey, I, uh, I'm sorry about... earlier." Chuck awkwardly sat across from Maia.

"It's fine." Maia kept her eyes on the crowd.

"A-are you sure? Because you seemed pretty mad." Chuck released a breath he didn't know he was holding.

"Well since then I got into a fight with a powerful deity and lost my powers so, for now, you're off the hook." Maia finally looked at Chuck who could now see the puffy redness around her eyes that showed she was crying.

"Are you okay?" Chuck asked softly.

Maia rolled her eyes. "You're supposed know everything about me. What do you think?"

"I think that this isn't any different than having your powers blocked." Chuck shrugged, remembering the times he saw Maia being trained.

"It's not." Maia scoffed. "It's so much worse."

"How?" Chuck looked at the blonde girl in front of him. He saw so much of her father's attitude but there was something else he noticed too. The way Maia looked off into the distance and her eyebrows furrowed ever so slightly as she thought of an answer for his question, it was exactly what Melissa used to do. 

"Magic is like an energy. It fills you up and you can feel it flowing. When my powers are blocked, I can still feel it. But I can't anymore. I'm literally empty inside." Maia explained.

Chuck opened his mouth to respond when a L.A.R.P.er ran into the lobby screaming about seeing a ghost. Sam and Dean went over to the panicked man quickly, wanting to ask questions. Maia stood up and followed after the brothers, ignoring Chucks's protests.

"What do you think?" Sam asked Dean.

"I don't think that guy's a good enough actor to be acting," Dean responded.

"So we're ghost hunting?" Maia's question caused the brothers to spin around.

"No, not 'we'. You're sitting this one out." Dean told his daughter sternly.

"No, I'm going going to help."

"Maia, Dean's right. Whoever that was--"

"Hecate." Maia interrupted.

"Fine, Hecate took your powers and it obviously did something to you." Sam defended Dean's statement.

"I don't care. I am not about to sit around moping because I'm human. I'm still a hunter just like you two." Maia crossed her arms.

Dean reluctantly gave in, knowing she was too stubborn to let this go. "Fine but you have to stay close in case anything happens."

"Deal," Maia smirked.

The trio walked past the dressed up convention-goers and went straight for the hotel's front desk.

"Excuse us. Mind if we ask you a few questions?" Dean asked the worker behind the desk.

"Look, I don't have time to play 'Star Wars,' guys. Go ask the guy in the ascot." He pointed at the dark-haired heavyset man talking to the L.A.R.P.ers

"Actually, we, uh..." Dean grabbed a fifty out of his pocket. "Really want to talk to you."

"Okay, you guys are really into this." The worker laughed.