My Bloody Valentine (Part 3)

Sam wrung out a washcloth, pressing it to his neck. His cravings were getting worse and it was getting harder to hide.

"Famine?" Dean asked aloud, still shocked that the horseman was in town.

"Yes," Cas answered, his mouth full.

"So, what, this whole town is just gonna eat, drink, and screw itself to death?" Sam questioned.

"We should stop it." Cas nodded.

"Yeah, that's a great idea. How?" Dean sassed.

"How did you stop the last horseman you met?" Cas asked.

Dean thought for a moment then went to the coat rack and searched his jacket. "War got his mojo from this ring. And after we cut it off, he just tucked tail and ran. And everybody that was affected, it was like they wok up out of a dream. You think Famine's got a class ring, too?"

"I know he does," Cas answered.

"Well, okay. Let's track him down and get to chopping."

"Yeah." Cas stood up, staring longingly at his to-go bag.

Dean and Cas's conversation slowly faded out as Sam's heartbeat sped up and he grew hungrier.

"Sam let's roll." Deam grabbed his brother's attention.

"Dean... I, um... I can't." Sam panted, moving to the bathroom doorway. "I can't go."

"What do you mean?" Dean asked, not noticing how pained Sam looked.

"I think it got to me, Dean. I think I'm hungry for it..." Sam implied his hunger for demon blood. 

Maia looked up at her uncle. She was curious to know what he wanted so bad that Famine heightened his hunger for it.

"Hungry for what?" Dean refused to believe Sam's implication.

"You know."

"Demon blood? You got to be kidding me. You got to get him out of here." Dean turned to Castiel. "You got to beam him to, like, Montana. anywhere but here."

"It won't work. He's already infected. The hunger is just gonna travel with him." Cas denied Dean's request.

"Well, then, what do we do?" Dean's voice rose as he spoke.

"You go cut that bastard's finger off," Sam said. "But, Dean... before you go, you better... you better lock me down. But good."

Dean nodded, not really wanting to do what his brother was asking of him. 

"All right, well, just hang in there. We'll be back as soon as we can." Dean said, hoping to make Sam feel better.

"Be careful. And... hurry." Sam begged. Dean nodded, heading out and shutting the door. He gave Cas a look, signaling for him to push the motel dresser in front of the door.

Dean turned to Maia. "Let's go."

Maia looked up at her dad, unsure of what to do. If she went then she might kill Dean. But if she stayed, no one would be around to keep a watch on her. Ultimately, she decided to go.

* * *

The trio's first stop was the coroner's office. Dean had wanted to speak with Dr. Corman but Famine had already reached him.

Now Dean and Maia sat in the Impala across the street waiting for a demon to show up and collect Dr. Corman's soul. Cas had disappeared, probably to get more burgers.

Dean stared out the window, ready to pounce on anyone he saw with a briefcase like the one from earlier. However, the sound of wings pulled his attention away from the coroner's office.