Fever Pt 16

Megan POV

"I need to take you to the hospital."I said once Dream finally awoke.

"No,"She mumbled, her voice barely above a whisper.

"What? Dream, you have to get some medical attention."I told her.

"Please don't take me to the hospital. Please,"Her eyes drooped. I stared at her.

"Well you have to go somewhere. You need to be evaluated. Dream, this is a sickness. You need to see somebody."I repeated.

"I'm not ready."She broke eye contact.

"If you're not ready now, you never will be. And besides, how are you gonna get better if you don't get a professionals help?"I asked her. She shrugged her shoulders before letting them slump down.

"Come on, lets go."I rose to my feet.

"I told you I'm not ready!"She screeched. "I'm tired."

"You need—,"I started but she cut me off.

"I need a nap."

"I'm not leaving you here by yourself. Let's go to my house, erm, I mean, Nicki's house."I suggested.

"Is she gonna be okay with that?"Dream asked. I shrugged.

"I'll text and let her know. She should be okay with you coming back for a short while."

"Okay."

I opted to packing her an overnight bag and helping her to the car. I came back up to the apartment to get the food that had now turned cold and to lock the door.

I opened the driver door and sat the food on the center console.

"You're going to the hospital first thing in the morning. But for now, you need to eat something."I instructed.

"It's cold."She said before letting out a heavy cough.

"Warm it up when we get back to the house."I said. The rest of the car ride home was filled with pure quietude. As soon as we got inside, she ran to the bathroom, leaving me to get her bag and the food. I shook my head. "Lord please help my friend."I prayed.

I went back inside, closing the door and making sure the house was secure. Just as I was sitting the stuff down on the counter, I heard the sounds of Dream throwing up heavily.

I stood in the doorway of the bathroom with my hands on my hips, watching her as she stood bent over the toilet, releasing blood from her body.

"How long has this been going on?"I asked, coming into the bathroom, shutting the door behind myself.

"A few weeks now."She choked out, coughing up more.

"All blood?"

"No. That just started this week."She informed me. "Why didn't you tell me sooner?"I fussed, pulling her hair back so it wouldn't fall in the toilet water and dispersed red particles.

"You were so high off Nicki. I didn't want to ruin your happiness. I'm sorry, Megan."She cried.

"It's okay."I held her.

"What's going on in here?"Carissa asked as she burst into the bathroom. "I didn't know you were home."She said directly to me. I shrugged. "Well now you know."I replied with a fake smile.

I really wasn't in the mood for this.

"She's not supposed to be here."Carissa stated, eyeing Dream.

"And why is that?"I folded my arms against my chest and slit my eyes at her.

"Nicki said no one can be here unless authorized by her permission."She responded as if I wasn't already aware of the policy. "She needs to leave."

"She's not going anywhere."I retorted.

"I'm gonna give Nicki a call and see what she has to say about this."She attempted to stare me down.

"Okay."I waved her off. "You do that."

She scoffed and sashayed away from Dream and I. I just rolled my eyes and helped Dream to one of the many guest rooms down the hall from the master bedroom. I bought her a glass of cubed ice and cold water, watching her drink it.

"You ready to eat something?"I asked.

"No, I think I'm just gonna lie here for a while."She said in a low tone.

"You want the tv on?"

"No, I'm fine."She sighed.

"Dream if you need to talk just tell me. I'm here for you."

"I just want to be alone right now."

I focused in on her for a while, making sure she hadn't stuffed any pill bottles or other forms of medication that she could overdose on, in the clothing that she wore right now. Once I made sure she was clear, I walked out of the room just a bit.

"Dream?"

"Huh?"

"I love you."

She gave me a small smile. "I love you too Bestie."

I smiled back before shutting the door just a little bit, making sure it had a wide enough crack so that I could peek my head in and check on her every few minutes. I went down the hall and picked up my phone, going to my call log so I could get in touch with Dream's mother. I needed to get as much insight from her as as I could to help me to better care for Dream until I can take her to the hospital in the morning.