Fever Pt 58

Megan POV

"Watcha know about my city baby?"I sung as I watched myself apply my makeup in the mirror of the bathroom. Nicki and I are going out and I have to look my best for her. I mean, even though we're engaged and have three kids together, I still want to look good for her and keep that fire alive in our relationship.

I told her not to worry about tonight, that I would plan everything. We flew Dream in for the night to watch the twins and Missa so Nicki and I could have some peace and quiet for a little while.

"All my H-Town girls get rowdy rowdy right na', if you 'bout 'bout it right na'."I sung along to My City by Kyndall.

Nicki is getting ready in the guest room downstairs and Dream is in the living room playing with the trio.

I took my time, beating my face, starting with my eyeshadow and ending with my setting spray and lipgloss.

Next, I went into my closet to find something for our date. She and I are going out to eat some seafood since that's what she has been craving for the past week, however, she doesn't know it yet.

I got dressed in something casual but classy and head-turning at the same time. I chose a burgundy limited edition crop top and a pair of ripped black jeans along with my brown wedges.

Once dressed, I went back into the bathroom and turned on the flat iron. While I waited for it to get hot, I walked to the top of the stairs.

"Babe, start wrapping it up. It's almost time to go."I yelled.

"Bae, you know how I am. You know it takes me a long time."She whined.

I laughed to myself and went back to the bedroom to flat iron my hair then pressing the hot comb against my roots to lay those short flyaways down.

I slowly walked down the stairs, trying not to bust my head open since I haven't worn heels in a long time and need to get used to them again.

"Ma! Ma!"Kennedy screamed, watching me come downstairs.

"Hi baby."I smiled, picking her up. She instantly went to grab at my bamboo earrings. "Aht aht!"I put her down with the quickness.

"Thanks for coming on such short notice."I kissed Dream's cheek.

"Stop thanking me. I love being with them."Dream smiled.

I headed to the back to see if Nicki is ready now.

"No! Don't come in here."She shut the door in my face.

"I just came to see if you're ready yet."I stood outside of the door.

"I'm not ready."She cried.

"Our reservations are for nine. Nicki, it's 8:40."I informed her.

"I'm trying to hurry, just having a little trouble. Gimme a few minutes."

"Trouble with what?"I tried to open the door.

"Nothing."She lied.

"Girl, lemme see."I barged in, catching her trying to do her makeup.

"You look ready."I shrugged.

She turned so I could see the other side of her face. I tried to keep a straight face but my jaws were struggling not to drop to the floor at the sight. She had tried to do a winged eyeliner look but it just looked like a fat ass line.

 She had tried to do a winged eyeliner look but it just looked like a fat ass line

"Don't laugh."She pouted.

"I'm not. I'm just shook."I replied.

"Stop, please. Just get out while I fix it."She tried to say.

"Relax. I'll fix it."I grabbed a makeup wipe and cleaned it off her face before picking up the eyeliner pen and redoing it for her.

"There."I smiled, closing the pen while she looked in the mirror, smiling at the magic I just made happen on her face.

She stood on her tip toes, planting a kiss on my lips. "Now are you ready?"I asked.

"Yes."She nodded. "Let's go."

"Dream, we're leaving."

"Have fun."She yelled back. Nicki and I got in the car and made our way to our first stop, this new seafood place that just opened up a few weeks ago.

"Ooh, I can't wait to taste the food here."She smiled excitedly as I helped her out of the car. She and I went inside the restaurant and were immediately seated since I made reservations prior.

Just by Nicki's bubbly aura and attitude, I could tell tonight was going to be a good night, something we desperately needed to clear our minds and not have to focus on the kids for once.