Fever Pt 37

Macy in MM
Megan POV

Asleep, the twins laid together in their rocking chair. We had gotten two to accommodate them but it seems Karim hated being away from his sister. He would cry if I put Kennedy in one rocking chair and him in the other, so I was forced to put them together.

I bent down, grabbing the pots needed for dinner. Looking at them, I tried my hardest to sit the pot on the counter without making a noise. I filled it with water, placed it on the stove then poured the bag of red beans into it. After, I threw some seasoning into the pot, stirred it and left it to simmer.

Then I went on to making the cornbread. I heard some sniffing going on, making me lean over the counter to see what was going on. Macy was standing on her hind legs with her front paws on the tip of the rocking chair, sniffing Kennedy. I watched her interact with them just to get a feel of how she was. She scooted back a few inches and perched down.

No no, I thought. I know exactly what she's trying to do. Reese does this all the time seconds before he jumps into the bed with Nicki and I. However, I had to teach him not to do that since the twins are here now and since then, he's waited for a cue from either Nicki or I before he jumps into the bed which is good. "Macy no!"I whisper-yelled, trying not to wake Karim and Kennedy. She looked at me and stood up straight. "Okay, so you listen well."I said as if she could understand.

Instead of jumping into the chair with them, she came over to me and started following me around the kitchen. I mean, every step I made she was there.

"Okay, you gotta back up. Reese don't be on my heel like that."I told her.

I put the cornbread in the oven and sat down in the living room with the four of them. "Mommy's babies."I smiled, moving the chair slowly with my hand.

Nicki's car pulled up in the driveway resulting in Reese running to the door with Macy following. Only thing is, she began to bark very high pitch. I eyed the twins, watching as they jumped. Surprisingly, neither of them cried but they were awake now and probably hungry. Nicki opened the door, smiling as she walked in. "Feels good to be home!"She said in a low tone.

"Oops, whose this little guy?"She asked, referring to Macy.

"Girl and that's Macy. Some crackhead dropped her off on my doorstep."I informed. "Ahh, she's cute."Nicki rubbed her head swiftly before coming over to us. "Aht aht, go wash your hands before you touch them."I scolded her. "Girl."She rolled her eyes but still lathered her hands in germ-x and took Kennedy out of the rocking chair while I grabbed Karim.

"I think they might be hungry."I said to her. "I'll get the bottles."She stood and went towards the kitchen. "Mm, what you cooking up in here?"

"Red beans and cornbread."I answered. "How was work?"

"Same old. I go in the booth, record a song, make changes and do it all over again. Same thing for almost two decades. I'm 'bout to retire, I'm tired."She replied.

"Retire?"

"Yeah. The queen found her princess. I think it's time."She came back with the warm bottles and sat down next to me.

"Are you sure you want to do this? Nicki, the rap game needs you."

"I've dedicated my whole life to rap. I think I want to start doing other things. I want to make another perfume and maybe have another clothing line. I don't know, I'm just not feeling the rap stuff as much as I used to."

"I think you should give it more thought."

"I will. Look how beautiful they are."She smiled. "I know. Look just like you."I kissed her cheek.

"Oh please, you know they don't have an ounce of my dna. But I love them just the same."She kissed each of their cheeks.

"We should do a photo shoot and fill up this whole wall right here."I nodded my head to the wall to the left by the stairs.

"You're right. I'll set it up as soon as I can."She said. "But for now, let's just chill."Nicki turned the tv on and we decided on something to watch while Karim and Kennedy fed.

What y'all think about Macy?