Fever Pt 30

Megan POV

"Thank you all for coming!"I said to everyone as they began to leave my baby shower. Aside from Kapo's unannounced visit, my baby shower was pleasant to say the least. Nicki and I had so much fun with our friends and family and got so many gifts for our new baby.

"I'm gonna go get the gifts and load them into the trunk."Nicki told me.

"Ooh, I'll help you."I jumped up.

"No. You stay here. I don't need you getting hurt."

"I'm not gonna get hurt."

"Just stay here, okay?"Nicki eyed me. I let out an annoyed groan but did as she said, shutting the car door and turning it on.

It took her twenty minutes to get all of the gifts in the trunk of the car. "All finished."She smiled at me.

"We should start thinking of color schemes for Karim's baby room."I suggested.

"Yellow."Nicki and I said in unison before looking at each other and smiling at our synced minds. "And burgundy."We added, once again in unison.

"Wow, great. That was an easy agreement."I said to myself.

Nicki merged onto the interstate so we could head towards home. I started to upload a few of the pics from tonight until I heard horns honking, making me look up from my phone.

"What's going on?"I asked Nicki, watching as she swerved repeatedly.

"These people don't know how to drive."She said back. I tightly gripped the safety bar above the door.

"Nicki!"I screamed, watching on in horror. She was getting a little too close to an eighteen wheeler for my liking.

"I'm trying to avoid having a wreck."She swerved again, this time, coming even closer to the truck. More horns honked loudly. "Oh my god."I whispered to myself, staring out of the side mirror as another eighteen wheeler sped by.

"God please don't let this be the way I go."I heard Nicki say.

"I got the license plate."I said joyfully, snapping a picture of the backside of the car that was causing all the havoc.

"Could you go a little faster? I want to see the face of the driver."I told her.

She sped up just enough for me to see. I couldn't help but to gasp when I saw who it was. "Bitch, that's Carissa!"I shouted.

"The maid I fired, that Carissa?"Nicki asked.

"Bitch, yes! Oh my god!"I ran through my contacts before remembering that I had deleted her number out. I desperately went through my text messages trying to find the number to Carissa's phone. It wasn't hard to find considering that she had been harassing me ever since the world found out about the pregnancy.

I dialed her number and watched her pick up through my window.

"You just tried to make us get into a wreck!"I shrieked, placing her on speaker.

"Yeah, so?"She replied nonchalantly.

"I'm pregnant!"I yelled.

"I know."She responded.

"You're sick!"I hung up the phone.

"Who in their right mind would do anything like that? Especially with a pregnant woman in the car."I said, clearly agitated.

"That's the thing. She's not in her right mind."Nicki told me. "Calm down. She's not worth getting all worked up over."

I took a deep breathe, doing as Nicki said.

"I think I saw somebody else in the car with her."I said once I got my heart rate back regular.

"Who?"Nicki asked.

"Adaiah!"

"Who the hell is Adaiah?"

"Remember my old friend from the fire. Not Dream but the one with the long, curly, black hair?"I tried to jog her memory.

"That was so long ago."Nicki groaned.

"I know. But yeah, that's her."

"Well, she ain't your friend anymore."Nicki pointed out.

"Nope. Well, we never really were friends we just needed another roommate to pay another half of the rent."

"How do Carissa and Adaiah know each other though?"She asked.

"I don't know. I've never heard them talk about each other before."I uttered, going to Adaiah's Instagram page and sure enough, there was a picture of her and Carissa with the caption "cuzzoooo🤪."

"They're cousins."I relayed back to Nic.

"Oh."She nodded her head.

I closed the phone back out and slid it between my legs.

"I'm hungry. You?"Nicki looked at me.

"I am but I feel like we should just go home after all that just happened."

"You're right. We can find something in the house."Nicki made the right turn and headed up the street where the house was.

We made it back home in one piece—thank God, and got out. Once inside, I locked the front door and let Reese out of the back one. I let him back in once he was finished doing his business.

I was so tired from today, I didn't bother showering. I just changed into some night clothes and went to bed.