Fever Pt 43

Megan POV

"Hi."I said shyly, with my hands in my pockets as I stood on the doorstep.

"What's up? Where are the kids?"Kapo asked, looking around.

"They're with Dream. Look, I know you and I don't talk much—,"I started but he took over.

"Save the sob story. What's the problem?"

"Nicki and I are having a tough time in our relationship. We—,"

"I don't need the details. Whatever happened is between you and her. You need a place to stay don't you?"

"Yeah. Me and the twins. And the dogs."

"But Reese is Nicki's dog. Megan you can't just take people's pets—."

"I did it for his safety. We had to get away so Nicki could get herself straight."

"So are you two still together or taking a break?"

"I don't really know. It all happened in the spur of the moment. I'll have to ask her."

"Come in, bring the dogs in. I'll get your bags."He followed me back down the drive way to my Tucson.

"Pop the trunk."He said. I did as told then grabbed Reese and Macy. We went back inside his house, causing me to look around. This is my first time actually being here, it's pretty quiet and dull.

"Where's Tique?"I asked, looking up at him. "Oh, uh."He looked away, scratching the back of his neck. "She and I broke up."

"Can I ask why?"

"I wasn't really into the stuff she was into. That swingers shit wasn't for me but she loved it so I did it to make her happy."

"Wait, that night at the swingers club was your first time too?"I asked.

"Yeah,"He nodded, sitting down next to me on the couch.

"Wow."

Silence fell over us completely as we just stared at each other. He leaned in slowly but I leaned back so that we wouldn't kiss.

"I'm not trying to jump into anything right now."I told him.

"Right, totally. My apologies."He backed up. "Yeah."I said nervously. "Maybe we should go pick up the twins from Dream."He suggested. I nodded; we both rose from the couch and got into my car.

We pulled up to Dream's hotel and went inside to get them.

"Hey besti— oh, you bought Kapo."Dream stopped in her tracks. "I'm Dream."She stuck her hand out to meet him.

"Hey."He said back.

"We came for the kids."I told her.

"I figured. I just rocked them to sleep."She led us to her hotel bedroom where they laid in their car seats, asleep.

Kapo grabbed Kennedy's seat and I grabbed Karim. After thanking and kissing Dream on the cheek, Kapo and I left and went back to his house.

By then, both Karim and Kennedy were awake and ready to feed.

"They're growing so fast."He smiled.

"I know. And so are those nails. I started clipping them a while ago."I got down on my knees and dug around in their baby bag. I handed Kapo a pair of baby scissors and got the second pair for myself.

He and I went to work on the twins' fingernails and toenails but something about it just didn't feel right. Nicki and I always bonded over clipping the twins' nails and feeding them. It was our thing. But doing it with someone else felt so much weirder than it should have. I guess I'll have to get used to not having Nicki around. As soon as we finished, they were waking up.

"Right on time."Kapo and I said in unison as I put the scissors back.

We took them from their car seats and sat down on the couch together so we could feed them. "Can you take her? I need to go talk with Nicki and sort this thing out."I handed Kennedy to Kapo, grabbed my phone off of the coffee table and went down the hall into Kapo's bedroom.

I opened our text thread and started typing. It didn't take long for her to respond.

I took a deep breath and tried to keep myself from crying

I took a deep breath and tried to keep myself from crying. I really love Nicki. I never wanted us to end. Nicki is my everything, literally and believe me, it shattered my heart to have to go through this with her. And I just know it's breaking her heart as much as it's breaking mine. Neither of us ever saw this day coming.

"You doing okay?"Kapo asked, coming into the room. He took a seat beside me on the bed and watched Nicki and I text back and forth.

 He took a seat beside me on the bed and watched Nicki and I text back and forth

"I don't know what to do."I sniffled as the tears began to flow. I fell onto Kapo's chest and he cradled me as I cried.

"Kapo!"I whispered as his head dropped down to my neck, planting kisses on me.

"Shh."He whispered back.

"I told you I'm not ready to jump into a new relationship."I repeated my statement from earlier.

"You need this to soothe your mind."He told me. I sighed, letting him take over. He gently pulled my clothes off and laid me down on the bed. I felt his dick go inside me and couldn't help but to scrunch up my face. Thankfully he wasn't looking at me when I did that.

I quickly fixed my face and kept quiet as he gave mid speed strokes. But it didn't matter how fast or how slow he went inside me, it just didn't feel right. I didn't like the idea of having sex with someone other than Nicki. No one knew how to pleasure me and make me cum back to back like she did. No one knew how to make me scream and moan like she did.

I wanted to cry so bad but I didn't want to ruin it for Kapo. I huffed to myself and let him keep going until he finished, all the while thinking of my dearly beloved.