Fever Pt 27

Wow 11k reads! Thank you thank you to everyone😊😊I truly do greatly appreciate it. All my hard work is paying off thanks to my readers. Enjoy the chapter oh & also don't forget that you can submit ideas for this book either in the comments or by direct messaging. Your input will make the book better just let me know what you wanna see happen. Without further ado, I present to you CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVENNNN!! Enjoy😊

6 weeks later
Megan POV

I eyed my thirteen week old belly intently, observing it from all angles.

"Do I look pregnant to you?"I asked Nicki, who was putting her earrings in at the sink mirror.

She glanced over at me for a quick second. "Yes. Only because I know."

"Okay but how do I look from a strangers point of view?"I pried.

She shrugged. "You look fine, Meg. Don't start getting all self-conscious on me."

I huffed to myself and pulled my shirt over my growing belly. Pretty soon I'm going to start having to wear maternity clothes.

I pulled my bonnet off, revealing my freshly done medium-sized box braids. I sprayed it down with Tropical Roots hairspray to keep my roots from popping, making sure to get every open piece of scalp on my head.

"Okay, now I'm ready."I stayed, washing my hands of the oil. I took up my phone, an 11Pro, to be exact. Nicki bought it for me as a gift. She also copped the Pro and got us matching colors. I slid my purse up my shoulder and followed Nicki to her car. We got in, snapping our seatbelts and heading to Catalino's office. Today is my last first trimester check up and honestly, I'm excited. To know that there's a human growing in my stomach is just nerve-racking and heart warming all at the same time.

Nicki and I entered the doctors office which smelled of pregnant women and out of place hormones.

Catalino took us straight to the back and shut the door.

"Your last first trimester check up!"She cheered. I smiled. "How ya feeling?"

"Excited."I giggled.

"That's good to hear. The mood switches don't usually start back until the third trimester, close to the birth of the baby. Ready to check on him or her?"

"Yes,"I nodded, "but I do feel like I look fat."I added. She chuckled. "Oh, that's normal."She said.

I pulled my shirt off and laid down on the table. Through my peripheral vision, I could see people on the streets, walking past the window as well as people in the parking lot either exiting their cars or getting into them. "Could we close the blinds please?"I spoke up.

"Oh, what's wrong?"Catalino asked. "Nicki, could you get that?"

Nicki jumped up to close the blinds before sitting back down in her seat in the corner.

"We aren't ready for the public to know."Nicki told her.

"Well, why not? Pregnancy is a beautiful thing."

"Ya know, with our statuses and all."Nicki answered for me.

"I see. Yes, you are new on the scene. I've heard some of your songs."Catalino turned to me.

"Some? I only have two or three out."I said to her. Catalino winked at me before turning back to the screen so she could study the baby.

"The public will find out one way or the other. It's better that they hear it from you instead of some tabloid source. Well, I'm sure you know how they do."She turned to Nicki. Nicki nodded. "I know it all too well."