Fever Pt 18

Megan POV

I spent the rest of that day packing up Dream's apartment and packaging all of her things to send to her via postal.

I checked on her daily via calls, texts and FaceTimes. Miss Robinson said that she was doing a little better and that she started group therapy a few days ago. They meet twice a week, once on Sundays and then on Thursdays. I'm just hoping that it really helps her and doesn't make things worse. Carlita said she's taking her meds regularly to help with her depression and trauma. She thanks me every day for supporting her daughter in the most toughest time of Dream's life.

Today, months later, I'm here at the airport to pick Nicki up from tour. I'm so happy she's back, I've missed her so much. I got out of the car and helped to load her stuff into the trunk of my Tucson.

She attacked me with kisses telling me how much she wished I was there with her. She hated how far apart we were and so did I. Her legs were wrapped tightly around my waist as I kissed on her neck. It wasn't long before paparazzi caught wind of us making out. They began to snap pictures which meant that it was time to get out of there. We loaded her stuff up and got situated in the car.

"So happy I'm back."She smiled. She leaned over to kiss my cheek.

"You better stop before we don't make it home."I joked.

"I just wanna get there and lie down with you in my arms."

"Seriously?"I smiled.

"No, I really wanna fuck you but I'm tryna be sweet right now."She giggled.

"We onna same page cause I wanna get fucked tonight."

"Oh?"She raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah."I chuckled. "I'm in the mood for hot shower sex where you pin me against the wall and hold my legs up so you can go deep in."

"Ooh, really?"

"OMG, yesss!"

"You cooked for me? You know I can't fuck onna empty stomach."

"No baby, I didn't cook. . . yet. What you want?"

"I'm thinking, hmm, can you make me some string beans, and chicken tetrazzini?"

"I gotchu."

"Perfect."

The two of us stopped at Walmart to pick up the ingredients I needed so I could cook dinner. I pulled out my phone to text Carissa and see if she wanted anything from the store.

Our day was going great so far but I had no clue at all that it was about to take a turn for the worst. Once we got home, Nicki and I bought the bags in, sitting them on the counter.

A high-pitched shriek sounded off from upstairs. Carissa's heavy feet thumped against the stairs as she ran down them. She was mumbling something under her breath that I couldn't comprehend.

"What the hell happened?"I asked in a panic as she came into view. I could see a gash on her right arm as red cells quickly ran down her arm. Out of instinct, I grabbed a wash rag and wet it with hot water as she sat down at the barstool, wheezing in horror.

"Reese bit me."She stated, anguishly.

Nicki practically ran out of the kitchen and up the stairs to find Reese.

"Reese, baby? Mommy's home!"I heard her say with pure excitement.

Reese's growling ceased to a stop once he realized that Nicki was home. I could hear them embracing each other like they haven't be around the other in a decade.