Fever Pt 45

Two days later
Nicki POV

"You're okay."Dr.Montgomery kept whispering in my ear. My eyes fluttered open, I could see hella nurses and doctors surrounding my bed pushing it down the hallway.

"I'm here baby."I heard Megan's voice, making my heart smile.

"When did you get here?"I tried to say.

"I've been here baby."

"No. I was just on the phone with you."I told her in case she had forgotten.

"I know baby. Just stop talking okay. The doctors have to get you to a new room first."

"Okay."I mumbled.

They wheeled me to an all white room and started to mess with the hospital bed to raise me up.

"Nicki, you were in a two day coma. While you were in the coma, we got your results from the MRI scan."

"What're the results?"Megan asked. "Yeah, what does it say?"I focused on him.

He took a deep breath and began to explain. "The lab found something rare for your blood type. We've come to the conclusion that you have Anti-NMDA Receptor Encephalitis which occurs when the body's immune system begin to attack NMDA receptors in the brains. These receptors control electrical impulses in the brain. This illness is a brain inflammation."

"How can we fix this?"

"Well, that's the problem. We don't have many cases like this in the state of Texas and unfortunately, hospitals around here are not equipped to be able to take on such illness. All we can do for this sickness is an MRI to determine the problem, which we did, and our next step would be to perform a brain biopsy so that we can see what stage the encephalitis is in, which I'm pretty sure of the stage but we still need to confirm it so that we can go about it correctly. The biopsy will also determine how to treat it depending on what stage it is in."

"So like cancer?"I asked curiously.

"No. It's nothing like cancer."He went into greater detail.

"Am I going to die?"I questioned.

"I pledged to complete honesty when I took on this job but I have to say that it is a 4% death rate of all patients throughout America. It really just depends on how your brain responds to the treatment once the biopsy is completed."

"When can we do the biopsy?"Megan asked him.

"As soon as you would like."

"Is now okay?"

"Well technically not as soon as you would like. But I can try to fit you in for the surgery tomorrow morning."

"Yeah, see if you can do that."Megan told him.

"Okay. I'll be right back." He left the room and Megan turned to me as I turned to her. "Please don't leave me."I cried to her.

"I'm not going to leave you Nicki. I love you."

"I love you too."

"From the bottom of my heart I want to say—and I know I say this constantly and you're tired of it but I truly mean it when I said I was sorry. I don't want to die unhappy Megan. You make me happy. Happier than I've ever been in my entire life. I've never met a person like you before."

"Shh, it's okay baby."She leaned in to kiss my lips.

"Please, be my girlfriend again. I can't do this without you."

"I'm sorry I left you Nicki."

When we kissed, it felt as if time had stopped and I was okay again. I can't lose Megan again. I won't let that happen ever again, not in a million life times.

Okay this chapter was abnormally short but I just had to put this out there. Do y'all think Nicki will make it through this illness?