Fever Pt 26

Two weeks later
Megan POV

Since I found out that I'm pregnant, I've been in the booth nonstop bringing all of my songs to life. I've been doing interviews left and right, mostly because people wanted to hear me freestyle. I let out a breath when the beat went off. I finally finished my song Hot Girl after only two days of working on it.

In the past two weeks, I raked up an Instagram following of 6.2 million. I also signed a management deal with Jay-Z to go along with my record deal at 1501 with Lyor Cohen.

 I also signed a management deal with Jay-Z to go along with my record deal at 1501 with Lyor Cohen

Yes, life has been moving fast for me but I'm keeping up. I was used to always being in Nicki's shadow but now, there's an even bigger light on me now that I've got some fame. It's still taking some getting used to, you know, having people scream my name when they see me out in public but I'm trying.

Nicki and I have been keeping our pregnancy under wraps for the most part. Her family doesn't know and neither does my best-friend Dream. We were serious when we decided to keep it to ourselves.

I came out of the booth and plopped down on the loveseat, opening my notebook to a blank page.

"Anything else you want to record before our session closes?"Chose asked me, turning around in his seat.

"Yeah, actually. I want to do this song I wrote a few months back called Last Week In H Tx."I told him. "But let me write this down first."

I quickly scribbled down some words on the paper before flipping through a few pages looking for Last Week.

When I found it, I rose from my seat on the couch and went back in the booth. I placed the headphones on my head and carefully said each word into the mic, changing my flow when needed to fit certain parts. I finished up just as my session was closing, getting in my Tucson to meet up with Nicki. We agreed to go out for lunch today for quality time.

We hugged outside of the building before sitting down at a table. It's beautiful outside so Nicki wanted to eat lunch out in the sun.

"How's my hard worker?"She smiled. "You've been putting forth a lot of effort."

"I'm trying."

"And how's my baby?"She reaches over to rub my belly. "Feels like I haven't seen you in forever."She added.

"I know baby, I'm sorry. I've been just trying to get my money up."I told her.

"You don't need to work nonstop though. I miss having you home when I'm there. You're always working."

"I've got a baby to prepare and provide for."I stated.

"We,"She corrected. "And I've got the money. You don't have to."

"Your money isn't always guaranteed baby. I just want to do this for him or her. I want to earn it."

"I see. I understand. But at least come home at a decent time. I'm not used to you being away for so long."

"Okay. Starting today, I'll be in the house every night by nine okay."I told her.

"Seven."She said back.

"Eight."I negotiated. "Nicki, I gotta work."

"Seven fifteen."She tried to say.

"Seven thirty."I said back.

"Fifteen."She poked her lip out.

"Okay."

"And please, promise me you'll text and let me know if you'll be coming home late from the studio."

"You trust me?"I asked.

"I trust you. I just miss having you around that's all."She sighed.

"It's okay baby. I promise, I'll do better."I gave her a reassuring kiss. What she just doesn't understand is that she doesn't have to work as hard anymore. I mean, yes, Nicki still has to and does put forth the effort but it's a lot harder for new rap chicks, such as myself. I'm sure she remembers how it was for her back when she first came out in 2009.

"Great."

We sat, eating and conversing about our day. "Nic,"I said, lifting a finger to the sky.

She looked up to see how gray and dark the clouds were. "Looks like it's about to—,"She started but the thunder trampled her voice just as it began to storm hard. "Rain."She finished.

"We gotta go."She muttered. I flagged the waiter down causing him to bring us our Togo plates with the quickness. We needed to get a move on it before somebody recognized us. Since my car was closer, we both rushed into it, tossing the Togo plates on the backseat.

"I'm think I'm just gonna go home."I tapped my fingers against the wheel as my car turned on, blowing air out immediately. I checked my tank while I waited for it to warm up in the car.

"I'll meet you there."She smiled. I pulled around to her vehicle so she wouldn't have to walk in the rain. She leaned over and gave me a kiss on the cheek before rushing to get inside of her own car. I could see her in my rear view, tailing me to the house. We both made it inside safely, showered and cuddled together under the covers.

That's when I had a realization. This! This is where I want to be: here, with Nicki. And the new baby. I felt Nicki's warm hand resting on my stomach. She's hellbent on rubbing it every chance she gets even though my belly isn't hard yet. I chuckled to myself before shutting my eyes, ready for a nap.