3. Preparing to go

Harry

Waking up, it's not even light out but I need a drink of water. I clumsily head to the kitchen to get a drink, but something or shall I say I notice someone is missing. Well I can't really say missing since Sam don't actually live here, but she's was nice and fun in a good way, but I still don't know what the hell it was that made me kiss her.

Styles that was just wrong, so wrong, a mistake. Shit, I said that out loud to her, that's probably why she left, but where could or would she go that time of night? Not knowing a single person here. What have I done? The one person that literally told me I wasn't bad, and didn't judge me, I managed to scare off in the middle of the night without a trace. How fucked up am I? I've gotta leave here once it's light.

I'm go into town, get the bags put onto the damn bike and load what I can, then be on my way to whatever kinda fresher start I can find. For all I know she was my one chance of help, and I've literally ruined it by opening my damn mouth again.

I gotta lay back down for a bit, those damn vivid images of her have got to clear my mind and the things she could do. It's not going to happen, ever.
_______________

Waking up now it's 8:30. I guess I'll start this day. I head to town, it not taking long. Once I reach town I head to the store for some smokes, when I come out I see the back of someone that seams familiar in a way....so I just yell "Sam...is that you?"

She turned around"Oh, it's you, what do you want?"

She turned around
"Oh, it's you, what do you want?"

I went over to where she was "what's that mean Sam? Where did you go? Why did you leave last night?"

She looks at me, then just starts laughing at me "Harry, you aren't my boss. It means quite plainly that you obviously think I'm not good enough or I just didn't do something right, so why does it matter?"

"Where do you get that from?"

"Well, you said and may I remind you, quickly after you pulled away from me, after you kissed me, mind you, that it was a mistake and never should've happened. So I figured I did it wrong and I must be that butt ugly that you shouldn't have kissed something like me. So I figured I shouldn't even have been in a place I wasn't wanted, so I left"

"Well there ya go, you're far from ugly sweetheart, that was part of the problem. I've always been a loner, so me letting you in was a first for me. In some strange way I felt good being around you, in some way connected. So yes we drank, I kissed you, it felt good, but I opened my mouth because I know I'm not good"

"I don't get it Harry, I told you, I think you are"

"Sam, I told you, I've got to get away from here. I only came to town to pick up my bag for the bike and head back, I'm leaving town later today likely. If you are staying I wish you the best, you're a really nice person, if you're going home, it was nice to meet you"

"Harry"

"Yes"

"What if I said I was leaving, but not going back home?"

"Well, I'd ask you where are you heading to?"

"Nowhere in particular, anywhere, but I'd like to get to know you. Maybe be friends, if you'd like to. If not, I'll find somewhere"

"So then Sam, you are welcome to come back with me. We can put what we can into the bags and hit the road. It will save you that much on bus fare on getting somewhere else, I could use a friend"

"Let's do it"

It got the side bags. Sam and I headed back to the place I'd been staying in. We got things around putting it into the bags, deciding that we could put water and few snacks in one and the few clothes I had in the other. Sam would be keeping her backpack strapped onto her back once we would begin for the travel. I had also gotten her a helmet as well.

We headed out on our journey.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Like ☆

Comment