24. Road Trip

Sam

Harry and I have been doing great as a couple. We actually got to kinda restart like we should have started, and got to know one another as well as actually go out on some dates.

We haven't forgotten about the things we went through, but learned from them. We've learned to listen to each other instead of jumping to conclusions first and foremost.

So here we are now, today stronger than we've ever been, now living together for now on 6 strong, happy months. We have our ever growing, amazing beautiful daughter, Skylar, now 4 months old. We also have our ever grateful live in friend and baby sitter that's also out daughters god mother, Mindy, by the way that's absolutely amazing.

Harry and I have both been back to work and things work out amazing. Mindy, most nights prepares dinner so once we're home and we all eat, I clean up the dishes so she can have time for herself. Harry then has time with Skylar, until I finish up and I join them.

Our days are pretty routine for the most part. Then at night I get more time with Skylar when giving her a bath, then both Harry and I put her to bed.

This weekend however, things will change for our baby and I hope it don't mess her up, but I'm also kinda excited. We're going to my parents and it'll be the first time they have seen her, so it'll be different, but they deserve to see their grandchild. I know they'd prefer I'd been married before having children, but she wasn't planned. They understood it was an accident.

Arriving at my parents place, both my parents greeted us. With a bit of shocked looking faces, as they didn't expect 4 of us, they soon found out how much Mindy meant to us and accepted her as one of the family. They treated her like a daughter, which made me happy.

Harry asked my dad if he could talk to him, and they went off to talk for a little bit. Once they returned though, both were smiling brightly. I was relieved by that.

We soon left for the night to a near hotel, as we had more people than my parents had rooms. Also to try to keep some normalcy to our routine as much as possible, even with being away from home.

We said our good nights, but would see mom and dad the next day as we were tired from the trip. They understood and gave us all hugs.

We stayed a week at my parents. We did a similar thing each night. Each day we would find things to do though, like going to the park, we would cook out. Mom insisted on getting Skylar a couple outfits. We took some pictures. Before we knew it the week was over and we had to head home.

 Before we knew it the week was over and we had to head home

     Outfits Sam's mom bought

It's always sad to say goodbye, but we would stay in contact. We would be back to see them.

We made the long trip back home, but about half way, I started feeling sick. I told Harry, but he just smiled. I said "what are you smiling about?" he just shook his head.

"Baby, remember, last trip on this road, you didn't feel good?"

"Yes, yes I do, but oh no, I can't be"

"Why can't you?"

"Because Harry...Sky is only just 5 months"

"That she is, just means they'll be close in age my love"

"Oh shut up" I slapped him "you're to potent"

"You love me"

"I do"

It was quiet then, with Harry chuckling here and there.

Mindy was playing with Skylar in the next seat.

All was good. All is happy in our world.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What do you think is Sam just not feeling well or?

Please hit the ☆

Comment