37.

Sam

It's already February and I'm thankful for all I have in my life.

I'm now about four and a half months along. Everything has been going really well with the pregnancy.

Harry and I thought about it and decided for Skyler's first birthday we'd just get her one of those personal kinda cakes and let her just go at it. While the rest of us, meaning my parents and myself and her dad, would just get maybe a little round one to celebrate with her.

It was actually a good idea, since she had an amazing time with it. She did however end up with cake in places that I'm not sure how she even got it there. I'm not going to complain though because she deserves to have a great time. Besides that's what baths are for.

So that brings me to now. Out of nowhere Harry got a call from no other than Mindy. She asked if she could stop by and bring Sky a birthday gift? To which he asked "is Alex still around?"

I thought at the time who is he talking to? Then again who is Alex?

He shortly told me after the call and that if Mindy were to insist on being around this Alex that he'd already told her, she'd not be allowed to do anything with Skylar nor be near her.

I didn't know for sure when that might have happened, but I was so grateful that he did. From what he'd told me about this guy, I wanted him nowhere near any of us.

I could not believe that Mindy could want to be with someone like him. Let alone bring him around our daughter. It sickened me to think of how much I thought good about her and now, she's just looking more and more like the same ways as Ellie.

It made me wonder how Cindy has been doing lately? Do they get this from their fathers side?

I said "Harry,"

"What's up baby?"

"How do you feel about going to our old place of employment for a sorta late birthday lunch?"

"Sounds like...it would be fine if you're good with it"

"I was just kinda wondering how Cindy might be doing and besides that we could get a good lunch as well"

"Sure thing baby if you're up to it"

"Of course, I just don't know if we should take Sky or ask my parents to keep her?"

"Well, maybe you can ask them just in case something happens. You never know around here. I mean Mindy was good for a while"

"Very true I'll definitely ask them"

At the diner

Harry and I  walked in and went to a table to set down. Soon after a waitress with short brown hair approaches and asked if we were ready to order? The problem was she had never given us a menu. So me being me, I said "may we see what you have to offer?"

She stomped off. Finally coming back handing or more like slammed one down and said "can you share this? I'll be back"

Harry just looked dazed. He got up. Approached the counter and said "I'd like to see your boss, please"

The girl just looked up and went to the back. Shortly after out walked Cindy with the girl.

Harry then said "hi, Cindy long time no see. How have you been?"

She looked tired and a bit anxious about something. Then she said "don't you hi me. How do you think I've been, together you two put my baby in prison and you show up in my restaurant?"

I stepped up and said "No, Cindy her and her so called friends did that. They thought it was cool to harrass and stalk Harry and I. They were told to stop. But for some reason they felt like they were above the law. I guess they found out differently. Have a nice life with your rude help. We won't be back"

"Lets go Harry we'll find something better elsewhere"

With that we left with our head held high.

********************************
Hope you're doing well and staying safe.

If you're enjoying
please give a ☆

Comment