25. Things that Change

Mindy

I'm starting to feel as though I need to move on, and out from living with Sam and Harry.

I would love to have a relationship. Yet, at the same time the longer I live with them, I feel myself falling for my best friends man and what she has. It's not right and I know it, it's just hard. He's so amazing with how he treats all he comes in contact with.....

Stop Mindy, just stop. You can't think like that. He's in love with your best friend for god sake. You are their daughters god mother.

I've decided, I need to bring it up to them, it's not going to be easy, but it's gotta be said and done.

It's been 2 months now since we all took that trip to Sam's parents. It's now September and a Sunday afternoon. Both Sam and Harry have it off so wish me luck.....

"Sam, Harry umm can I talk to the both of you, please?"

"Sure, what is it Sam?
"Is everything ok?"

"Well, I've actually been thinking. I need to get a place, ya know ..of my own. I feel like I'm kinda out of place a bit. Don't get me wrong, I have appreciated all you have done for me after the accident. I just think I need to move on my own now"

"Mindy, have we made you feel this way in any way?" Asked Harry

"No, you haven't"

"How, though, you haven't been working, you don't have anyway to pay" Sam states

"Well, I was going to look for a job, if I might just stay till getting one? I just wanted you to know"

"Oh, well we cannot make you stay. Of course if you really want to go, that's your choice" Sam hugs me "we'll still be friends right?"

"Of course, always"

I proceeded to go into the room I'd had. That went easier than I'd thought. I'll check at the gym for a job.

Harry

I wonder what brought that on? I guess it might be a good time to tell Sam that I've a surprise for her. It won't be a surprise no longer, but not fully telling what my plan is neither, so I'll still have a part.

I'm going to just see if it can happen a bit earlier for part of it.

I'm so glad I'd had that talk with Scott and gotten his number into my phone when we visited.

As Sam went to check on Sky, I quickly sent Scott a text

To Scott: can you guys make the trip earlier? Perhaps any day now to visit?

From Scott: yes of course, is everything ok?

To Scott: yes, just unexpectedly our sitter wishes to move out. Trying to not worry Sam.

From Scott: thank you for that. I'll do the same with Mary. Be on the way in next couple days

To Scott: I hope this will all work out. Even though it's earlier than planned. I love Sam with all I am. She'll be happy to see you though

To Scott: gotta go she's coming back down talk again soon

I'm so happy that they can make it. It will be better than driving in winter. I just hope this all works out well.

Maybe I won't say anything to Sam just yet.

I see her as she gets back to the area I'm in, she now has a smiling Sky in her arms. She's such a happy baby. I love them both so much.

"Hi baby, I love you"

Sam brings Sky over near me and sits down. She has a worried look.

I look at her, "what's wrong?" I ask

"What are we going to do, ya know about?" She nods towards Sky not wanting to say her name.

I say,"don't worry baby, everything is going to be just fine" I kiss her cheek.

"How, how can you know? How are you so sure Harry?"

"Because, I had to believe as much when you left before. We worked that out, right? We will find a way because neither if us would ever let anything happen to her, ever, so I just know because I love both of you with everything I am, trust in the best baby ok?"

"Baby, I love you so much. You have more faith at the moment than I do, I believe in you. Therefore I will trust in you on this"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Little insight how Mindy is now feeling on things