39.

Sam

It's been roughly six weeks since the twins were born and technically I should be getting back to work about now.

The thing is, is that Harry and I have talked to my parents about our getting married, since we were going to get married before having any other children. It just didn't work out that way.

So here we are and since it's nice summer days still and the babies are here and we're all doing well. We have all thought what better time than now, right? So instead of going back to work, I'm going in to let my boss know that I'm getting married.

At the store

"Hey Sam It's good to see you back"

"About that, you might not like what I'm going to say, but I feel it was better to do it in person"

"Oh Samantha, please don't tell me that you're going to quit on me"

"No, nothing like that. It's just that Harry and I had intended on getting married before extending our family but it didn't quite happen that way. Now that the babies have arrived we'd like to take that important step in our relationship. We are not going on a honeymoon at this time so I will be able to be back to work very soon. I hope you understand and I will still have a job"

"Thank you for the consideration on your part. I do understand and of course you'll have a job. Don't you worry about that. Wait, babies, I thought you were having a baby? Congratulations to you both. I'll see you soon"

"Yeah so dix we, but turns out there were two. A boy and a girl, but they're healthy and thats what matters"

"Yez, definitely. Congrats again Sam"

As I was walking out though I bumped into something or rather someone.

"Sam, is that you?"

"Mindy?"

"Yeah, it's me. How are you Sam? How's Skylar and uh Harry?"

"We're all good, really good. Mindy you don't look so good. What's going on with you?"

"I need to  g..ge"

Before she got out what she was going to say, she fell flat on the ground.

"HELP, SOMEONE CALL A RESCUE" I yelled

My boss came out and asked "what happened?"

"I have no idea, she started talking then fell flat on the ground"

"She's been in here before. Maybe looking for you, do you know her?"

"I, I used to. I'm not sure anymore" shd looked so bad. "I need to go, can you just get her some help?"

I felt kinda bad, but I turned and left. I had to. I couldn't put my family in danger for someone I'm not sure who or what they may bd a part of anymore.

Once I got back home I told Harry what had happened. He was not happy about it at all at first, I was sure to let him know however though that I'd let my boss handle it and I'd left for the full safety of our family.

I also made sure he knew we were good to marry and that I would still have my job without any trouble.

Later that night I called the hospital to check on Mindy.

I was shocked by the news I was given. They told me she had four broken ribs, she was dehydrated and had not had proper nutrition in some time. They also said it looked as though she had been in restraints of some kind, and she was pregnant, but didn't know if the baby was going to make it because of her condition. It literally broke my heart but what was I to do? She chose to be with someone like that even though Harry tried to tell her.

I cannot go against Harry on this with so much at stake.

*******************************

What do you think is going to happen with Mindy?

If you're liking please hit ☆

Comment