7. Finding A new beginning

Sam

I woke up it was completely dark out.

I felt movement both on and beside me. Harry once again had draped his arm around me. I didn't quite get it, I mean if he's been a loner for so long and now suddenly he's wanting to stay so close to me. Why? I'm really nobody special.

I quickly changed thoughts, as I begin to think about not checking my phone since we'd stopped. Surprised I hadn't heard back from at least one of my parents, maybe they tried and my phone died.

As I tried to ease out of Harry's grip, he muttered "don't go" I just glanced at him, but continued, I mean I wasn't going far. I reached the chair in the room, checking my phone. It indeed needed a charge. I also discovered numerous calls I'd missed. What I didn't expect or believe was that Niall had also called. Was something wrong?
I had three voice messages as well. I listened to them and couldn't help but chuckle, when my dad had said what brought this on? Could they really not see I wasn't happy there?

Don't get me wrong, I love my parents, I just cannot be like them, nor live that way, not and truly be happy.

I stood up shaking my head. Deciding I'll message Niall in the morning and calling my parents as well.

I went to the restroom. Quickly headed back towards the bed, but froze in my tracks upon seeing Harry sat on the edge of the bed holding his head. "Harry" I called to him, he snapped his head up so quick, I thought hed cracked it. His eyes were a bit red, "what's wrong?" I asked. He just shook his head, "I thought you left...you know...after" he looked down at the floor."I really didn't mean to push you Sam" he continued holding his head.

I walked to him, held his hands. "Harry, you didn't, I woke up so I checked my phone and plugged it up. Then used the restroom, I'm right here" I gently rubbed his back "now let's just get some more rest, yeah"

So we did. Harry putting his arm back over me. I didn't mind though.

We woke up about eight . Got our things around to check out. We filled up on fuel and got a coffee and shared a donut, as neither of us were real hungry.

Harry started to apologize once again. I just looked at him, but then I had to say it..."Harry are you ashamed or regret for some reason that you were with me or something? What are you so damn sorry about?"

"No, nothing like that Sam..."

"Then you need to stop with all this. If we are going to be getting along, being friends, helping one another whatever...we both are consenting people are we not, it's all good Harry"

"Yes, you're right, it's just...it's all kinda new and well thank you Sam" then he hugged me.

We then shortly after headed back on the road. Nothing to be heard but the rumble of the bike. It was a beautiful sunny day.

We travel a fair amount of time before we stopped again. We both figured that it looked like a nice area to start over.

For Harry it was a good days travel from where he was at. For myself, well it's roughly a day and a quarter probably without stop. However nobody has an idea which direction I went, nor how far. I think I'm good.

This is going to work out I'm sure of it. It just feels....

Harry

Once we'd gotten to a destination, I thought we could possibly find some sort of job. That way we can get some kind of place, even if it's a sleeping room to start, so we're not on the streets.

If we get a job in the same kind of place maybe we can get some shifts the same. That would be good, I don't want Sam left out here walking somewhere.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What do you think of the way they get along?

Harry is protective of Sam

Like ☆

Comment

Share