A Night of Frights And Lights

The couple walked out of the cobblestone castle and down a dirt path that lead into the Haunted Forest.

Slappy lead Belinda through, who in respsonse followed him accordingly and would ever so slightly grasp his hand whenever she heard a frightening howl or scream in the distance.

The former puppet grinned to himself as he held her close, using his magic to create a dim-lighted ember of fire in his hand, using it to light the way.

The barely-alive leaves that clung onto the narrow wooden branches of the oversized forest trees gently shivered and rustled in the cool, fall afternoon breeze. Lightening would often flash and light up the midnight sky above.

The crunching of autumn leaves could be heard crumpling underneath both of the soles of their shoes, giving off a chilling affect to cause the forest to appear more creepy and terrifying than it had been before.

A small twig snapped in half, sending a single cracking echo throughout the darkness, causing Belinda to stiffen in her tracks and once again gently tug on Slappy's sleeve.

Slappy turned around and brought her close to him, reassuring her that everything was fine as long as she stuck by his side.

Of course Belinda wasn't truly frightened not afraid at all, she just enjoyed the little bits of affection she was receiving whenever she felt she needed to be "protected", and Slappy considered it to be rather adorable.

As the pair headed deeper into the volume, a variety of red gleaming eyes glowed surrounded them.

Belinda began to shiver, and this time it wasn't pretend.

"S-Someone's watching us.." She spoke out in a soft and fearful whisper to Slappy.

The man looked around with a blank stare on his face without expressing any emotion nor concern.

"Werewolves... It's hunting hour.." He acknowledged to her as if this was a normal and well-known routine.

Belinda continued to look around, thinking it was incredible to have such a specimen located in a place that was no longer what she considered "real life".

Slappy peered down at the girl and smirked softly as he wrapped his arm around her shoulders, the palm of his hand sending off a blanket of warmth to the girl's skin.

"Of course, there's no reason to be afraid, my darling..." He said to her, as he continued to lead her down the path. "They know who I am, everyone does. You're safe with me."

Belinda blushed warmly and smiled up at him as she gently laid her head on his shoulder as she continued to walk in unison with him.

A short time later, a faint yet warm glow of lanterns could be seen from the other side, signaling that they were finally back in the center of the park where the rides and attractions were located.

Belinda's smile gleamed as she giggled with excitement and skipped delightfully out of the remaining bit of woods and onto the concrete floor pattern, surrounding herself with the beautiful sights of Panic Park.

Slappy soon caught up with her, trotting gently up to her with a chuckle.

"Excited, much?" He asked jokingly as his eyes glistened in the cool moonlight above.

"Oh, yes!" Belinda exclaimed, barely able to contain her joy as she bounced giddily on her heels.

The park was completely deserted, levaing them to be the only living or non living creatures to be presently there. However, the rides were still running and lit up, still giving off a creepifying effect to tempt the two into wanting to go ride each and every single one.