Real Friends - Camila

I remember hearing Shawn before I saw him. I was unofficially seeing Austin Mahone (he never actually asked me out – the coward), whilst Fifth Harmony were touring with him. I was feeling under-pressure and insignificant in a girl band that was gaining popularity but making me lose my sense of self.
Shawn was also on the tour, shortly after his first album release, getting the experience of performing live – something he was incredible at. I heard him sound-checking, his voice carried so well and I thought he seemed nice, if not a bit shy. Ultimately, harmless though.

Boy was I wrong.
He completely railroaded my life.
And I couldn't be happier about the whole thing.

The thing is, we didn't really get on originally. We talked very little even though I tried my best to engage in any sort of conversation. I think he was intimidated (and maybe a bit unnerved) by my enthusiasm. Secretly, I was desperate for anyone to talk to me more than just for a few moments. He didn't seem convinced. I don't blame him; we were 16 or so and speaking to the opposite sex is genuinely a dangerous affair at that age.
Either way, by the end of the tour, I wanted him to know that we could be friends.

So, friends we became. And went our separate ways, singing our teen bops to the world.