All These Years - Camila

Shawn had been a true gentleman all night. It was a date of dreams and I had to remind myself that it wasn't a romantic date. He was my friend, one of my best friends, and he was just making sure I was ok. The kisses on the forehead, sitting in his lap, holding his hand at dinner – it was just comfort, security.

But looking at him, in the car on the way back to my hotel where he would drop me off, I could feel so much more. I remembered the shirtless photos and my stupid need to seek approval with my own bikini photos. I remembered him liking all my Guess photos and me liking all his new Armani ones. I knew there was more there, surely there was? Could we risk it? Could I risk this beautiful friendship just to see if maybe, there was a little flame we could light?

As the driver stopped, Shawn was about to get out when I stopped him, putting my hand on his chest.

After a couple of seconds, I whispered, "Was Roses about me?" I couldn't believe the words had come out. It was something I'd wanted to ask from the moment his second album came out.

He looked at me for an incredibly long time. I was about to talk, to change the subject but, holding my stare, he nodded, slowly.

"I've... I've written songs about you too." I confessed, whispering again, saying it too loud would make it too real.

He blinked once, then again. He still hadn't said anything.

"Shawn, thank you for, for being..." I couldn't finish the sentence. I wanted to thank him more than this. Looking into his soft, kind eyes, I leaned in and kissed him instead.